SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 10:49:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cav 72 vending issue  (Read 4684 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« on: December 22, 2012, 02:30:05 pm »

Ok, I'm having issues now that the fan is installed and I need a little troubleshooting help. I have not completely rewired the compressor yet, but that will be coming and an entirely different issue. I want to get it working before I tear it apart to eliminate variables when it goes back together.

So
I'm getting a clicking when I put a quarter in the coin mech. (3-4 clicks)
Not happening when I put a nickle or dime in.
I cleared the coins out of the stacks.
Put in quarter, still happens.

Found the thread on free vend, jumped the plug 1 to 3 and nothing...  will not vend. Have a Coke light not lighting up, although I'm not sure the bulb is good or not.

So, do I have a coin mech problem or wiring problem causing the coin mech to make the noise.

Any troubleshooting thoughts or ideas? I do not have another coinco mech accessible to try.  

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:33:04 pm by MaineT » Logged

Tim
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 04:07:39 pm »

Is your rack all ready in the "pull a bottle out position" ?  Pull on one of the bottle rollers & see if it's released, or you may have a vending solenoid issue I'm thinking. or the following...

The "Have a Coke" lamp circuit also works to block the coinmech from accepting any more coins ( via pin #7 of the jones plug) thru the vending stack switch until the bottle is pulled out to reset the vending switch & allow the coinmech to pulse the vending solenoid once again. which may explain why the free play jumper test won't work either. 

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:06:19 pm »

I could bypass it by flipping it down the bottom of the vending stack and it would vend once. Just left lowes with some bulbs. If that doesn't work, and I doubt I'll be that lucky, I guess it's time to start swapping parts!!

Any way to test the coin mech? If the free vend isn't working, still not sure if the coin mech is any good.

Tim
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

I'm getting a clicking when I put a quarter in the coin mech. (3-4 clicks)
Not happening when I put a nickle or dime in.

When the price is set at less than a quarter, nickles are kicked out as change, one click at a time. This only happens when the coin has been accepted, so your mech may be ok.

The click you want to hear is from the vend solenoid below the bottle stack.
You may want to start your test there, by putting 110 volts directly to the 2 terminals on it, but only for a brief second. If it works, then check further back to your freeplay switch then of course back to the coin mech.

Glen
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 06:39:20 pm »

ok, so I swapped the bulbs and it didn't fix it, (but it needed 2 bulbs!) so I got playing with the solenoid and moved it back and forth a couple of times, and nothing. So I figured I would try something with my airplane days, a couple of light taps from a ratchet and it is working!!Things don't like to sit around.

the clicking is still there, it is a noise when counting the coin, 1 for a nickle, 2 for dime and 5 for a quarter, the quarter is so quick it is hard to count it.

Tim
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 06:42:28 pm »

Nice Tim - had to do the same thing with my CS-96e when I first got it.  When I bought it the guy said it wouldn't vend so I got it cheaper than I even planned. 

Took me a whole 10 minutes to figure out what was happening, tap the solenoid a couple of times and ... viola!

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »

I tried putting a dime then a quarter and no change.... 2 quarters, no change. Still clicking. I got it vending tonight and that is huge progress!

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: