SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 06:06:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing VMC 33 Coin Mech  (Read 6416 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« on: December 02, 2012, 04:46:18 pm »

The coin mech on my VMC 33 seems to be jammed.  I want to remove it to take a closer look, but it appears to use screws with a rectangular-ish socket on them.  Any advice on where to get a tool to remove them, or anything I can use in lieu of this tool?

Thanks!
Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:51:18 pm »

Naturally as soon as I send this, I find a "Clutch Head Screw Bit" on Funtronics website. 

I guess I'll be placing an order with Rod and Janet - I need to get the "Have a Coke / Sold Out" plunger as well since mine is broken so may as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »

I've had luck finding the clutch head bits at local hardware stores, I found a kit that has a whole selection of security bits, which has saved me many times taking stuff apart.  I will say, take the clutch heads slow, once they start to strip they are a pain to get out.

jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:51:24 am »

Thanks - I've already hit them with penetrating oil to hopefully make the job a little bit easier when I get the bit.

By the way - Horrible Freight has a 100-piece Security Bit kit for $10.
http://www.harborfreight.com/100-piece-security-bit-set-68457.html

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:11:25 am »

The coin mech on my VMC 33 seems to be jammed. 

If you can access the bottom of the mech you will see a small cog with a spring attached. It's the piece that makes the clicking noise as the handle returns to the home position and it is stuck.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:20:38 am »

If you can access the bottom of the mech you will see a small cog with a spring attached. It's the piece that makes the clicking noise as the handle returns to the home position and it is stuck.

Thanks Glen - I think that makes a lot of sense.  The handle is stuck in the 'down' position.   As soon as I can get it removed, I'll have a better idea.

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 11:15:44 am »

U don't really need to remove it

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 11:04:35 pm »

By the way - Horrible Freight has a 100-piece Security Bit kit for $10.
http://www.harborfreight.com/100-piece-security-bit-set-68457.html

Jim
[/quote]

Thanks for posting the link picked up this set for $10 at a local store.  I needed a 5/32 clutch head bit to remove the kickplate from my RT 56.  I need to take the compressor out and deck wont clear the kickplate in order to remove it.

Jared
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 11:03:45 am »

That's the exact bit set I picked up at a local store...HF may have some garbage, but that set is a must own for disassembly

jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

Harbor Freight is great for those one-time or minimal use tools.   I wouldn't buy anything there that I intended to use heavily or professionally, but a lot of the odd tools I needed when restoring my Spitfire came from Horrible Freight.   Cool

I have a friend who buys a lot of hand tools from them because he uses them to make other custom tools and they are so inexpensive you don't feel bad about welding them or heating/bending them to odd angles for a single purpose.

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: