SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 08:00:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 56 Square Top with Manual Coin Mech  (Read 16665 times)
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« on: November 21, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »

Before I start blasting this thing down this weekend, I'm wondering if there isn't any reason I should.

Wonderful coin mech -  works like a charm.

What are these?  Is this foam inserts to prevent the unit from overflowing water on to the floor when the condenser is running?

Could this be converted to cans?  And or cans/bottles combination?

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »

The foamy things in the drip pan are are evaporation pads that wick away the condensation water& evaporate it into the air as it's blown on by the condenser fan..

you have some serious belt line rust out going on here, but it can be repaired, don't be surprised that once you pull the inside bottle tank, that the floor below it is rusted out...this was cause by a plugged drain hole/hose flooding the floor in the tank & "wetting the bed" (insulation below) & rusting it from the inside out, they used very little primer on the inside of these machines.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:26 pm »

The foamy things in the drip pan are are evaporation pads that wick away the condensation water& evaporate it into the air as it's blown on by the condenser fan..

you have some serious belt line rust out going on here, but it can be repaired, don't be surprised that once you pull the inside bottle tank, that the floor below it is rusted out...this was cause by a plugged drain hole/hose flooding the floor in the tank & "wetting the bed" (insulation below) & rusting it from the inside out, they used very little primer on the inside of these machines.

Thanks - I appreciate it.  I was thinking for now doing an exterior restore and once I move in a year or two worry about the inside.

Also thinking about taking peoples advice and try to replace it with a glass door instead.

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »

For those of you who wish to know the lingo regarding "belt-line-rust"  (or belt-line rot) ...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:55:19 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:55:27 pm »

If you want you can remove the tin overlay on the coin door and the bottom area, I had a machine similar to this in the past and removed the tin and painted and it looked great with some paint.
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 12:53:51 am »

Nice machine! I love the older square tops so please keep us updated on your progress.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:54:03 am »

Before I start blasting this thing down this weekend, I'm wondering if there isn't any reason I should.

Wonderful coin mech -  works like a charm.

If you were only closer I would trade you 2 of the nicest complete rustfree squarecorner machines I have.......just for that coin mech. It is badly needed in someones round corner machine.
     If you are asking for professional advice, I would advise you to pull the compressor, coin mech, bottlestack and shelves as well as the Pepsi sign and consider yourself way ahead of this game. The rest of that box is just too common to sink a lot of time and money into. If you restore it you will only realize it is a mistake when it is too late.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:48:36 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »

Very good advise Glen.  I have made similar mistakes and paid for them.  Do the signs of that type really have some value?  I have one that was tacked onto an Ideal 35 in great if someone is interested make offer.

PM for pics.

Great find Jonathan!  I would of been all over that one if it was in my area.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:33:37 pm by johnieG » Logged
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 04:37:05 pm »

Tomorrow is blasting of the outside... today was spent tiresly working on putting in the interior on my 72 vette.

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 04:37:44 pm »

where are you located?

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: