SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 10:48:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing the door  (Read 2346 times)
« on: September 28, 2004, 04:02:49 pm »

We found a V-90 in good condition but it's going to be a long way up to my 3rd floor apartment to move it in!

I've already removed all the internals, but I'm looking for a way to further reduce the weight by removing the door to the unit.  The hinge doesn't have any visible screws.  Is this even possible or should I be spending some more time at the gym?

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 04:57:37 pm »

I would suggest just getting a few of your friends over and give it all you got. Go to Uhaul and get an applience cart. They help alot too. It seems hard but it is alot easier than taking the machine apart also taking things apart is asking for scratches. The cooling system does come out as one piece and is rather easy to remove. That would take out about 45 pounds.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 05:32:58 pm »

Hi,
I wouldn't worry about the door on the machine. Just get a cart as suggested and wrap machine in blankets and strap to the cart. Two people on the back and one on the front works great. It's a good idea to measure the door width before you get to the top. The door may need to come off.
After re-asemmbly let the machine set for a few hours to let the compressor drain back down.

Moved mine with the compressor assem. and shelves out. Tended to be top heavy. Will take the bottle rack out as well the next time.
Good luck!
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: