SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:00:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do i get to the fluorescent light  (Read 4068 times)
« on: September 26, 2004, 05:45:35 pm »

Hi again - first let me say I love this forum.   A lot of things don't apply to me but my knowledge grows every time I visit!   Thanks to everyone who contributes here.

Now, my question -- I need to know how to get to the Fluorescent light in my machine.   I have another post in this forum that shows a picture of what I have (Is it a Vendo 63?).  See "Bottles won't pull out".

Do I use a screwdriver or something to pry the Coca Cola sign off?  The lower left hand corner seems to show some "wear", however the right hand side seems very secure.

I don't see anyway to get in from behind the door.    

I appreciate your help with what will probably be a simple answer for you.   I don't want to damage anything by approaching this with force when there is a "right" way for this to be done.

Thanks for your help -- I've told everyone who has seen my machine about this GREAT FORUM.  

Michele
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 05:22:07 pm »

Hello,
have you found a way to get to the fluorescent light yet? If not, her is what to do. Open the main door to where you fill the mahine with soda, on the door near the top are two screws that are normally larger than the rest, take the screws out, this will losen the lens on the front of the machine.

If the lens and metal frame do not come out easily, close the door and lightly pry on the right hand side of the metal frame. There is a rubber gasket that helps to hold everything in place.

The left hand side has two pins that fit into the door frame, so you have to work on the right side.
Once you get the lens and frame out you will see the bulb, ballast, and starter.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 06:46:44 pm »

Yarochrehc -- Thanks a bunch!!  I knew I shouldn't pry it out!  I was looking for screws on the inside of the door and mine were on the side (doh).

And - the cool thing is that when I removed the front sign there was a spare bulb sitting at the bottom of the light compartment.  All I had to do was put it in and "there was light".

Such a small accomplishment brought me a great feeling.

YOU made it easy!

M
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: