SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 04:05:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca-Cola bottling plant in Tullahoma, Tennnessee  (Read 3391 times)
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« on: October 13, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »

Th family and I are spending the weekend in Tullahoma Tn for my sons soccer tournament so I figured we would take in the sights between games while we were here. First on the list was the old Tullahoma coke bottling plant. Neat place, several coke machines and signs on display. The building now houses several small shops to include a small cafe. Next up was Lynchburg, TN, home of Jack Daniels Distillery....  They have a very cool tour of the facility. Learned allot about the old #7 drinking
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:25:19 pm by Blind1968 » Logged

~ Bryan
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »

Cool. Must be a pretty large building.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:50:58 am »

Great looking building, thanks for that pic. I would assume the sign is there and the Double Cola cooler is over at Jack's place.
     So,I'm gonna' be the first to question why a top class tour facility would have a generic Ideal 85 with no coin mech./slider rack?

Glen
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:19:54 am »

Cool. Must be a pretty large building.

Actually its was allot smaller than I thought it would be, It seems they were only open from 1940's to the 70's when they finally out grew the building. I just thought the building itself was very neat.

Moondawg,
Sorry I should have explained the other pics too. They were also taken at the Coke Plant, there were several machines but most were common models or less sought after. As for the distillery, they are very strict at what you can take pictures of and the only thing I seen with coke in it was a bottle of Jack & Coke biggrin.

~ Bryan
dw55
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 06:44:05 pm »

we had one in maryville tn till afew years ago .city bought it and tore it down to build a new jail and justice center.
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 10:26:43 pm »

It sad they would tear it down.. Heading down to Memphis this weekend. Anyone know if the old bottling plant is still there?

~ Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: