SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 03:15:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sign Fabrication  (Read 3457 times)
stendal41

« on: September 12, 2012, 06:18:14 pm »

Greetings all!

I have what I hope isn't an odd question. Normally, if in completely original condition, the doors on the WD-10 should have a sign/plate reading "Drink Coca Cola" attached to the inside surface.  In reality, I have only seen one with the sign intact. My question is this: is it possible to have the sign fabricated from a picture? I have the approximate size and a picture of the sign. Another question is; is it considered copyright infringement to have the sign reproduced? Lastly, is it considered bad form to "poach" a picture from another source, and posted it on a forum such as this? Whew! Oo

Thanks!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 06:31:04 pm »

I've got a WD10 I'm trying to finish up for a customer that is completely original & it has no signs, never did, just the indent were they would go with no screw-holes either. Cokes general rule is if you're repro'ing a part just to complete your personal project, it's fine...
(and how would they know you did anyway?) but if you're going to be selling "extras" , then they have a problem with that for sure. you could use a sign maker with a 3-D printer if you had an original, it would be plastic, but it would fit the bill.  if you post a copy-righted picture from say a corporate site, then you can refer to it as such in your discussion with a  link to say something like photo-bucket & say were you got it from ( site-name) or simply link to it within the discussion, I'm sure Jim will chirp in here,

(we don't like it when people on Ebay cut & paste a machines info page from the soda machines section without mentioning were they got it from...as an example)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:41 pm »

Are you referring to the "license plates" that go under the lid liners of the doors?  

If so, I looked for them when I did my WD-10.  I only found one and it was just to far gone.

As far as a vinyl decal you may check with Janet or Rod at Fun-Tronics.  They have a large variety decals already made.  They also sell the lid liners. I  bet they could use the lid liner as a template and find closest one that would look nice enough to put on the machine

Jared
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:44:23 pm by johnieG » Logged
stendal41

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 05:22:41 pm »

Johnie - it is funny that you referred to "poaching" for eBay purposes, my situation is the direct opposite.  I "borrowed" a picture from eBay! How would this apply?

Jared - do you think it is possible the reproduce the "license plate" from a picture? We know the size, just measure the indention. My machine originally had the plates. There are screwholes, and I guess what you would call a "ghost" image of the plates on the doors.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: