SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 01:40:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Condensation  (Read 5166 times)
navychi

« on: September 06, 2012, 03:07:06 pm »

I am getting a lot of condesation between the glass on my bottle door. I replaced the glass myself with plexiglass and drilled two small holes in each and thought that would take care of it but hasn't. Any other suggestions?
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:04:09 pm »

See if you can get original glass. I believe being double pane glass the space between had an insulating gas like argon and was sealed into the assembly. By drilling two small holes in each pane of glass you are allowing the warm outside air to come in contact with the cold air in the machine causing the condensation.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:58:13 am »

See if you can get original glass. I believe being double pane glass the space between had an insulating gas like argon and was sealed into the assembly. By drilling two small holes in each pane of glass you are allowing the warm outside air to come in contact with the cold air in the machine causing the condensation.

Actually, no. the bottle door glass "sandwich" isn't a sealed unit, the two inside panes should have a small hole or a corner notched to allow the refrigerated air to remove the condensation, and the outer pane is solid, but if the rubber molding that holds the whole "sandwich" together is dry-rotted or torn, it will allow outside air into between the glass & cause fogging, this applies to units with three pieces of glass in the bottle door, if yours has only two, then only the inner glass should have the hole...PS the hole should always be at the bottom, never the top..hope this helps.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 02:14:40 pm »

Actually, no. the bottle door glass "sandwich" isn't a sealed unit, the two inside panes should have a small hole or a corner notched to allow the refrigerated air to remove the condensation, and the outer pane is solid, but if the rubber molding that holds the whole "sandwich" together is dry-rotted or torn, it will allow outside air into between the glass & cause fogging, this applies to units with three pieces of glass in the bottle door, if yours has only two, then only the inner glass should have the hole...PS the hole should always be at the bottom, never the top..hope this helps.
Learned something new today. I thought they were built like the cooler doors. Thanks Johnie, Ken

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
navychi

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:06:57 pm »

Thanks for the info. Yes the molding that holds the two pieces of glass is dry rotted slightly, I cleaned it as best as I can and couldn't seem to find a replacement. I will replace the glass and start over and see if this helps.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 03:32:56 pm »

Note if the condensation is on the outside glass you may also have a bad bottle-door seal

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:10:01 pm »

Soda jerk works and I believe Funtronics has them for some machines. Both are great places to do business with and both have treated me very well.
wolfp20

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »

Did the one-hole-at-the-bottom-only fix your problem?  I have a three-glass setup with all new gasketing and I still get a fog on the upper half of my door window.  I have tried lower holes in the two inside Plexiglas pieces with no luck, and then two holes in each inside piece, one at the top and one at the bottom with no luck.  I think the problem is that there is no way to get the all the moisture out of the air between the sandwiched panes and that the evaporator fan blows up and out the upper bottle holes making a concentrated cold spot that fogs.  Any other ideas to rid the fog?
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 11:50:08 am »

Have you adjusted the bottle door it self ? Look at it at night and see how much light you can see around the bottle door the adjust it . Also just listening to the air around the bottle door might give you a good idea . My 81 was doing the same thing with new gaskets and after adjusting it ... It has slowly starting to go away over time .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: