SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 06:11:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old 7up machine  (Read 4095 times)
« on: September 07, 2004, 02:28:20 pm »

I have this old 7up machine, probably 30 years old or something like that.  I recently sold it in a rummage sale for $150, but they said it did not work.  So I agreed to return it, no problem, until they informed me that they took the logos off and painted the sides with a spray can.  I am wondering if anyone out there knows what a machine is worth if I supply them with all the numbers that are on the side of it?  I have to go to small claims court on Thursday and need some amo!
I attached the picture.

Thanks
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 01:56:03 am »

Oh my heart goes out to you. Swipped the logos and painted it. Does the machine work after all?

laters ussexplorer.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 11:01:58 am »

well, I thought it did, hasn't been run for 2 years, but did work then.
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 02:23:52 pm »

Well the value of the machine depends on alot of things. Mostly if they are desirable or not and run. I honestly have to say that if you sold if for $150.00 that sounds about right even running. I use e-bay to prices things. My guess would be since they painted it and swipped the labels? You would be into it another paint job and labels. What labels was these? I forgot to ask. Most labels or a set of label can be picked up on e-bay for $20.00 or under for selection labels. If you are talking labels on that side. That can run a pretty penny. If you look through the posts some people posted amount that they was able to get new signs for the side. The machine looks like it is from the mid 1970's so once again that $150.00 is a good price.

later,

ussexplorer
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 07:58:18 pm »

Do you have photo's of it before it was ruined (before they tried to paint it) if you do then that can help
Plus did you tell them that you did not know if it would run or not if you did you shouldn't have had to take it back.
and as for $150. that fair, I've paid  $200 for a sq. top machine before.

Pat P.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 10:38:29 am »

If the paint was applied with a spray can, it probably will wash off with some laquer thinner. It does not have the durability of the mixed paint underneath.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: