SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 07:46:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Long overdue thanks to TKAZ  (Read 1786 times)
flippa
25 Cent Member

« on: July 20, 2012, 11:18:44 am »

This is the best site with the best people! 

I have been handing out here for several years, and everyone I have spoken with has been friendly and always more than helpful.  TKAZ proved this point once again.

Several weeks ago Tom had posted a link to a clock that was for sale on Craigslist.  The seller was only intrested in a cash deal, and would not ship it.  This was a bit of a problem, the clock was down in VA and I live in Boston.  Oh well, I figured that I wouldn't be getting this one.

I spoke with Tom about it.  He offered contact the seller to make sure the owner still had it, and said he could go & buy it for me.  I sent Tom the funds, and he went and picked it up for me.  He then went above and beyond; rather than just tossing it in the mail, he offered to bring it up with him when he was visiting family in Conneticut because he was concerned it would get trashed if mailed.  He took time out of his weekend to deliver the clock to my inlaws house in Western MA.  I was out of town, otherwise I would have gladly drove out to meet him and at least buy him lunch and a few tasty beverages.

What a standup guy!  I can't thank Tom enough for taking the time to help me out.  Tom, let me know the next time you are up in the area, I at least owe you burgers & beers.    drinking
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:35 am »

And I know,  Please post photos!

I haven't had the chance to see the clock yet.  My inlaws visited us last week, and my father in law laughed and stated that it looks great in his home office  glare 

As soon as I get out there to steal it from him, I will take a few pictures.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:21 am »

That's awesome! Glad it worked out. Tom lives maybe 20 min. From me and we have yet to meet personally, yet I'm not surprised he did that.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:56:58 pm »

Thanks Larry, I enjoyed getting it for you and having on display at my house for a couple months!  Glad the stars aligned and we were able to get it up north without shipping, worked out well.  It's a cool clock and you'll be happy once you're able to get it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: