SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:49:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My New Vic 3 door  (Read 2149 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: June 22, 2012, 04:42:41 pm »

Well, after some long thoughts, I pulled the trigger and picked up this 3 door Victor that was on Ebay a few weeks back.
I keep saying that I will never drive that far again to pick up a machine (Total round trip was 27hrs with a siesta in the car overnight lol)  With the trailer, and a bad experience I had on my way to the Chicago show last year where I spun 3 times on the highway WITH the trailer on bridge ice, and ended up on the on ramp to the highway.... I dont go over 55 anymore with the Uhaul lol) 

So, here it is, as I already took the motor and refrig coil on the back out (as my plans have no use for them,..... so if anyone needs a Vic 3 door motor and coil, I have one... along with 3 original doors)

My plan is to turn this into my bar, with stainless tops. (Im building a base at work to raise the cooler about 8 inches, and then putting the foot rest on that.)

So, now I need some advise on who to take it to thats not too far for me lol.. who has done these Vics before (PA, OH, MI or NY are about as far as I will travel)

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:40:20 pm »

Glad you got it, that was a good deal.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 09:41:49 am »

Thanks Mygoose
Not sure if he was BS'n me or not, but after we agreed on the price, he had 12 other offers on the machine, 3 being the same as my price. 
Im already looking forward to getting this restored and in use for a party.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 10:28:24 am »

If this is the one from E-bay.......... http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item4166b9b414&item=280896320532&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=1WlUZTD%252Bnk3QkPFSl7%252FslLFYWd0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc  .........are you really going to do a full restoration?
       The ends where the paint is worn off could be blended in, and the letters could be touched up, you don't need refrigeration work so obviously not much work needed inside. This is a nice unit and could be ready for use in a few weeks.

Glen
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:31:28 pm »

Yes Moondawg, that is the machine.  It looks a little bit better on the pics than in person.  If this were a VMC 81, or a 81d, then I would leave it original, as I prefer that to a restored one.... BUT, I had to comprimise with my wife to use a Victor for our bar, where she wanted a custom made bar from wood, with cabinets and counter behind etc... I suggested this, well, I convinced her that this will look cool, BUT she said only if it's restored. 

I kinda agree, as I will be putting in new stainless steel counter top, and it would look funny where the counter is new, yet the machine is not.  I dont really have an attachment to this cooler, and I know that it will be in GOOD use for longer than I will be alive as a bar, so......... RESTORE IT IS  happydrinkers

For what I paid for the machine + the cost of the counter and restoration, Im at about the same as a custom made wood bar, BUT with the COOOOOL factor (pun intended lol)

When my dad saw it, he's oldschool european 71 years old, he said that I can use it for my coffin when my wife kills me for all these machines Im getting  happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: