SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:49:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next V80 troubleshooting step...  (Read 6317 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« on: May 27, 2012, 10:46:13 am »

So thanks to everyone on this board who replied, I successfully swapped out the main power cable last night.  After one false start (tripped the GFI outlet) I was able to get it powered on.   

The great news is that it started right up and the compressor runs very nice and quiet.  After about an hour the internal temp went from 80* to 42*.   The Sold Out light lit up and when I depressed the switch on the back side of the main door, it went out.   The exact change light (aka "nickel tube light") lit.   I filled the nickel tube part way and that light went out so, good news there as well.

Next, I held down the switch on the back of the door and dropped a dime in the coin mech.  After a second or two, the rollers that control the bottles moved over one position - so even more good news! 

Unfortunately... that's it.  It appears as though it did not complete the vend cycle fully and reset.  Now neither light is lit, with or without the switches being depressed, and the coin mech is rejecting any addtional coins.  Power is still good to the unit, it is cooling - fans are running and the pay-out switch on the nickel tube is working.

Any thoughts on the next troubleshooting steps?  I noticed that there is a switch in the door that covers the chute so I depressed that, but no change in state.  I've also tried power cycling everything (reboot..heh) with no success.    I suspect that switch (in the bottle chute) may be the key - I presume from reading the manual that is what completes the vend cycle.  It does not look easily to access - I think I have to remove the liner to get to it, but I'm not 100% sure.  The manual states to "reach through and remove 2 screws" but there are no diagrams, so I'm not sure where those mysterious screws are located.

So...any suggestions guys?

Thanks!
Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:55:50 am »

My Vendo 80 has an access plate above the bottle door chute.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

My Vendo 80 has an access plate above the bottle door chute.

Hi Glen,
I have a panel/plate above the door, but it appears to be be riveted in place:

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 12:20:52 pm »

Those are snap-in plugs. They will pry out and are reusable.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 12:22:06 pm »

Awesome - thanks!   A prying I will go!  Will report back shortly.  Thanks again Glen!

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 01:49:22 pm »

OK, thanks again Glen - I was able to pop out the plugs and test the switch.  Unfortunately, it is working fine.  It is NC and opens when the switch is depressed. 

Interesting - both green wires are on one terminal so I'm not sure how the switch is actually working, but it appears to have been wired that way for quite some time so I'm not sure I want to mess with it, particularly since it did work for one vend cycle.

Time to revisit the manual and work backwards through the vend cycle.  The coin mech has a lot of paint overspray on it, so it might be worth having it gone through regardless.

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 02:33:34 pm »

The switch must have been bypassed. One wire goes to each terminal.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »

The switch must have been bypassed. One wire goes to each terminal.
Interesting - not sure why anyone would bypass it, but I re-wired it correctly.  Still no results, but I feel better knowing it is wired correctly now.

I'd like to test the coin mech - and I apologize if this is a real newbie question - but can I take any coin mech that has the 8-pin Jones plug and use it for testing?  I have a coinco that works perfectly in my Cav 96, if I could swap it for testing it would eliminate or point to the mech as the culprit.

Thanks guys!

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 03:04:20 pm »

Yes, use your coinco.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »

Awesome, thanks!  I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home. Thanks!  (yet again!)

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: