SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 01:34:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I've learned  (Read 9975 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 07:45:39 pm »

Yes, very good, nice work. My favorite, or I should say least favorite, the one that I wish I could put my hands through my monitor and grab the guy by the neck is" If the ad is still up, then yes it is still for sale". You know, the guy who is stilling his Vendo 39 for $6,500. Of coarse it's still for sale you moron!

Another good one is the Craigslist ad who thinks he is running a auction. The best offer over $2,500 guy for a Vendo 23.

How about the best offer ad, the guy who says he has no idea what it's worth and will refuse to give you a price. You offer him $1,000 for a Vendo 81 then he yells out " well, I need to get at least $4,000 for it". Oh, so you did have a price.

The won't last at this price ad as he list the ad daily for months and months.

I better stop, I could go on and on........

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 09:12:23 pm »

My 2 favorites...

just needs a little freon....

these "go" for X number of dollars

I have people call me, wanting to know the value of a machine and they always see them going for "X" price... NOTHING
HAS GONE FOR ANYTHING...UNLESS IT "SOLD" for that price!

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 11:43:45 pm »

Then we have the folks that can't post a picture. 20 minutes on the phone while Ether hollers to Earl. Does it have round corners? Is there a crank handle?
Too much monkey bizness for me anymore.
Creighton
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 12:36:03 am »

Then we have the folks that can't post a picture. 20 minutes on the phone while Ether hollers to Earl. Does it have round corners? Is there a crank handle?
Creighton

Lol....man you nailed it there! That's my phone experience 9 out of 10 times. Brutal.

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
krovel
5 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 05:35:14 am »

very funny and very true!!

I just recently purchased my first machine which turned out to be very rare, a wb60 single vend. Which I am finding out means obsolete!!!

I over paid and am looking looking looking for parts but at least it gives me something to do and I am learning something new everyday.

Oh and if anyone has some extra freon I might need some, think mine needs a squirt.  laugh

Westinghouse WB-60 (single select)
Westinghouse WB102
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 06:10:03 am »

I agree with Eric on the "little shot of Freon" selling point. I know that most out there don't know anything about refrigeration systems and only some have a working knowledge and could be considered "dangerous" and then the other category is trade professionals.

But....when I see ad's like that I have a hard time muzzling myself to keep from asking what I consider an obvious question, Where did the Freon go? I've used to my advantage to haggle on price a few times. I'll usually let the seller know that these systems are hermetically sealed. Sometimes you get the blank stare an head nod and other times you get the return question of either "Huh?" or "what's that mean". I then explain to them that under normal circumstances these refrigeration systems are sealed systems or closed loop. If it needs a "little shot of Freon", then there is a leak or multiple leaks somewhere in the loop that will need to be repaired and it ain't gonna' be cheap.  biggrin

Sometimes they budge on price, sometimes they don't.....

I also like the "cord is cut" disclaimer. It completely absolves the seller of any responsibility in regards to the working condition of the machine but it too can be a major bargaining point off of the original price.

Brian
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 07:45:50 am »

Creighton

Reminds me of a classic hit that was covered by Freddy Cannon (of Palisades Park fame) in the 60's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EcnfqNGWy0

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 10:02:30 am »

Don't forget the guy that says "Make a reasonable offer" in his ad for a machine.
You call up with your "reasonable offer" and he retorts that he has already turned down a $5000 offer.
I agree with Brian though - knowledge is power!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26:26 am »

How about when you see an ad on CL for a machine for $600, then 2 weeks weeks later it's still not sold, and it's relisted this time for $700.

Classic!!!...it didn't sell initially for $600, so by waiting 2weeks, it must be worth $100 more now!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 01:37:32 pm »

"It worked & cooled just fine when it was last used......20 years ago"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: