First time poster after several failed attempts to get registered. Looks like all is well now.
I picked up a Selectivend 7-up machine from a good friend who wanted it out of his garage. $20 and some work on his truck and it's now in MY garage. Here's what I little I know about it:
* There is no serial number plate anywhere that I could find. The paper stickers inside the door mention that it is a model 1A, although most of the 1A's I've seen are bottle machines so this is a little puzzling to me. The SV logo is prominently displayed at the bottom of the coin door. The four racks hold 29 cans each for a total of 116 sodas.
* It does run and get cold. Actually too cold; it tends to freeze product placed inside, but further inspection reveals that the capillary tube for the thermostat was not placed in the correct spot. I suspect it wasn't able to accurately detect the evaporator temp.
* The evaporator fan is very slow to come up to speed, but once it does, it seems to be ok. I haven't done any PM to it yet.
* One of the product detector microswitches is flakey and thinks it's "Sold Out" when it isn't.
* The coin mech has been replaced with a newer Coinco.
* There is something missing from the coin door that I suspect was the can opener for the flat top cans. I'd love to find a replacement even tho that style of can is NLA.
* There is something unoriginal with the coin door pricing window. It's clear plexiglas, but has been "blacked out" inside the door. There's also an illumination bulb that's just dangling inside, but it looks like it used to snap into something. Whatever that something is, is no longer there.
* The 7-up plexiglas is clean and crack free. I changed out the bulb and the starter and it lights up wonderfully.
I have just the one picture of it for now, but will be adding more later. I think it will be an easy restoration project. The panels are straight. A section of polished molding is crimped where it looked like someone tried to pry the coin door open, but otherwise it's clean.
Comments & suggestions are welcomed!!