SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 06:47:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Headed to Brimfield....  (Read 2851 times)
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« on: May 07, 2012, 09:45:21 am »

I am planning on attending the Brimfield Fair in MA for the next couple of days and am hoping to scope out some candy machines.   Looking for all the professional advice I can gather from the folks on here.   What are the best smaller sized "full bar"  machines to look for and what would I be looking at for a fair prce range.   Also hoping to get a quickie tutorial on what to look for (ie......don't bother if it doesn't have this, easily replaced parts, easy to work with mechanisms, machines no one wants to touch with a 10 foot pole because they're a nightmare to work on, etc.)   Any info you could offer would be greatly appreciated...........Also let me know if anyone is planning on being there, I'd love to meet some of you guys in person!!

Jack
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:12:00 am »

Jack,
you can't go wrong with any of the Stoner Brand Candy machines..
The smallest is the Stoner Jr (6 pull)  average range is 500-600
the larger one has 8 pulls and comes in a few different models, mainly cosmetic some with small mirror, large mirror average price 300-400
and of course it also comes in the theatre versions with the lights.. 1500-1800

there are alot of smaller manufactures as well like

U-Select - it   (go for the older rounded corner machines, much cooler) range 250-350

and many more.. i"m sure a few more will chime in.

Good luck hunting

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:27:36 am »

Thanks for the info..much appreciated
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »

Give us an update when you are done. When Brimfield is hopping, all the dealers around here head down there and double their prices. I'm not a dealer, just a regular and most of the dealers are pretty upfront that they hold stuff back to get much more down there.

Tim
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:17 pm »

Sheesh......you weren't kidding.  Not to much to choose from, but saw a a 180 and a theater stoner both in poor condition, doors won't close glass broken, partial guts missing..........all for the restored price.   Also saw a couple two bar machines from the 70's that were merely boxes with boring artwork and he wanted $850 per machine all glass and selector knobs were busted.    Oh well......guess I'll keep looking.   Thanks again for the advice.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: