SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 01:29:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi Vendorlator VF-81. Newbie with Soda-Machines. Any input appreciated!  (Read 6116 times)
gforloney
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:29:07 pm »

Hi All,

I'm new with soda machines, and collecting in general. I've been helping my grandfather get rid of some of his stuff at his old business. One of the things I came across the other day was a Pepsi Vendorlator VF-81. It is actually working and cooling properly. It's in decent shape cosmetically.

Through searching the internet I can't seem to actually find a value for these things, what year they're from, if they're rare, etc.

Could anyone give me a value on one of these machines? I've been offered $70 and $200 so far. Are these fair numbers? Too high? Too low? I'm really in over my head with this one.

I tried uploading pictures but it was causing me some issue, so I've linked the craigslist add directly. Let me know if I need to provide any more pictures etc. Any input is appreciated!

Also, as a side note, I was actually able to clean up the machine pretty nicely with some cleaning product so it does look cosmetically better than what it does in those pictures. Thanks again!

http://providence.craigslist.org/clt/2940661440.html
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:54:40 pm by johnieG » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 08:10:39 pm »

It's not an uncommon machine, produced in the late 50's , this was the last inception of the V81 line of machines
( before they were replaced by the V90 machines of the 60's ) It has a smaller brother , the VF56, both are the color shown with the "be Sociable, have a Pepsi" slogan on the sides. I often refer to them as the "Eisenhower Era" machines, it shares parts with the electric & manual round-cornered & square-cornered transitional V81's , shelves, the (electric) coinmech, compressor & bottle gate, the main (rear) chassis of the transitional machine (being that it's also square-cornered)  

What's missing on this one is the hard to replace yellow, 3D plastic marque...see the picture below...

$70 is way too low, $200 is in the ballpark if it's in working condition, maybe a little lower due to the missing light-up signage

PS; Also whats important to this model is the condition of the ribbed aluminum coindoor trim panel, if it'd dinged & dented up, it a big negative when trying to sell on of these.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:13:49 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »

If its got the sliders in the shelves, you can part it out and make more $$$$. I sold my last set of shelves for $300 and the rack will get you another $100 or more.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
gforloney
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:09:02 pm »

The slides are still in there. So you think it makes more sense to part it out as opposed to selling the entire thing together? Did you go through craigslist or you knew people who were interested?
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:35:51 pm »

Knew people and answered posting on cocacolamachines.com

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original