SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 12:48:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat top bolts for VMC 90 Bezel  (Read 2033 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: March 20, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

Somewhere along the line of my resto on my VMC-90, I misplaced the bolts that hold the front coin entry bezel onto the door.  They are somewhat unique, they have flat tops that slide along the rail.  I think they were also used on Cavalier machines, but I dont' want to pull my other bezel off to check.  Anybody know where I could get these, checked both Funtronics and Soda Jerks, but couldn't find anything.  Condition doesn't matter, they are hidden in the end.

Or should I just grind down the tops of some bolts I have, and call it a day?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:07:28 pm by tkaz » Logged

Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »

I'll check tomorrow and see if I have any, I tore down that VMC90 two years back .
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »

Just to follow up on this, I took a set of slotted flat head machine screws, ground down two 90 degree edges on the underside with a bench grinder (probably could use a file too), and they work perfect.  The type of screw works because the 90 degrees that are cut in prevent the screw from turning in the slots when you put the nut on the other side.  Simple and cheap.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: