SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 03:53:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39 ID tag  (Read 12044 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: February 26, 2012, 04:22:24 pm »

Hello
Looking for a Vendo 39 original ID tag

Ive attached a pic of a machine with the tag that Im looking for.
Its the smaller tag with 2 holes to fasten (red and silver tag)

Thanks all

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 04:36:46 pm »

It's pretty hard to see your tag but I'm afraid you may have a Canadian version cuz I have never seen an ID tag in red and with 2 holes except down on the compressor base. But maybe someone else here has.

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:46:20 pm »

My 39 is missing the tag and it would have been the same one or similar.  The two rivets or screws are still there but no tag.  I assumed it was a bottler tag that had been removed.  I thought I saw the tag somewhere--maybe in the Fun-tronics catalog?  If you find it, I could use one too!

drinking Tim drinking
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »

I do not think anyone reproduces this ID Tag...
I have seen this tag fastened to the brace above the refrigeration area next to the switch or the hole where the evaporator fan shut-off switch is mounted...
Usually, that's where this tag is mounted and the black/silver/4-hole tags are fastened where yours is located...
Interesting...

My six cents,

Jim

BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »

My 39 is like the one pictured.
It is an original machine, never been repainted.
Just like Tims, someone took of the ID tag, and left the 2 screws that fastened it to the machine, on the machine.

Although I am Canadian, this machine is not, as I purchased it from a guy in Ohio who obtained it from the banquet hall of his church (now that I think of it, my last 2 machines involved a church and a pastor selling a machine for one of his members lol)

My machine NEVER had the typical 4 hole Vendo silver and black ID tag.

So, I guess the plot thickens lol

Ed

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:41:45 pm »

I believe the tag would look like this one but be from the US Vendo Company:

http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/index.php?crn=253&rn=999&action=show_detail

My machine is also from the US because it even has the "Do not use Canadian coins" decal on the front.  Hmmmmm?

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 07:47:55 pm »

Like Jim says, I did a quick search on Ebay of past 39's and found this original 39 with the ID tag that Im talking about on the inside frame above the motor area.

But like the pic that I posted to start the thread, my tag must have been located on the outside, because the 2 holes with the original screws are still there.

Im gonna go now and check my macnine on the inside if I have 2 holes above the motor area.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »

Here is a shot of the side of my machine.  There is no indication that there was ever a tag inside of my machine by the compressor. glare  The one Ed posted is the one I need too.

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 08:02:00 pm »

Tim, mine looks exactly like that, and I too was going to take a pic of my side, but my wife is watching the red carpet for the oscars, and look where my 39 is, sooo............... lol

But I did take a pic of my inside, and I do have 2 holes where Jim is talking about (above the motor area) where the holes were made from the stamping process, but looking at them, they were never screwed into.  Notice that the holes are still stamped holes, never being tampered.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 08:06:40 pm »

Ed,

You need a bigger TV!

Here is a shot of the inside of mine.  It is in the garage so the lighting is bad.  The mounting holes are near the compressor but like yours, they were never used.  If we can get a good shot of that smaller tag, I am sure we could get it reproduced.

Thanks for bringing this topic up because I am getting ready to do some work on my 39 and I will need to eventually round something up for that spot.

drinking Tim drinking
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:08:18 pm by mznb1u » Logged
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:03 pm »

Let me know what you do or find for that.
Of all my machines, the 39 is the only one that I have that has no ID tag.
I cant sleep at night sometimes when I think of it! lol

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 09:32:45 pm »

It's funny because I have been looking at a V-39 and really never paid attention to one of the photos, but it appears to have the same ID Tag in the same location!
-
-

My six cents,

Jim

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »

Thats the one Jim!  Can you get a high resolution picture of that tag and measurements?

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 11:48:58 pm »

Just a question though Tim.... even if you get a replica made, what serial number do you put on it? 

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 11:53:43 pm »

Mine is also missing the tag.  Why would anyone go to the trouble to remove it in the first place.  Seems like there are a lot out there missing them.  If anyone finds a repop, I call Serial #00001 biggrin

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 07:27:27 am »

There is a listing of Vendo serial numbers by model in the download area.  I would likely choose something in the early range being that my machine is the earlier model.  Looks like #00001 is already taken though!  biggrin Cool laugh

drinking Tim drinking
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 12:32:21 pm »

Just to confuse the issue a little bit more, I went to check on the holes for the ID tag on my machine.  It has the standard 4 holes on the side of the machine, typical of the 56 or 81 ID tag.  I checked the location you show in your pictures for the tag just above the compressor area and my machine not only doesn't have a tag there, but there are not even any holes in that location.  I have the early version with ICE COLD and the rib on the main door.  Curious that there would be a difference and 2 different ID tag styles.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »

I thought about it today too, and I can only come up with one reason for the differences in ID tags on early 39's

Could it be that the VERY first production runs used the red and silver 2 hole ID tags, for whatever reason, and then on a later run, they used the typical Vendo ID tag.

So those of us with the 2 hole set up on the sides of our machines might infact have the very first X amount of 39's produced, then from a certain point on, they used the reg. ID tag.

Other than that, Im confused lol

Ed

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 04:05:40 pm »

I think the early Vendo six case carrier did the same thing...the early machines had the red, smaller tag and the later machines had the normal tag.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 06:42:06 pm »

Could it be that the VERY first production runs used the red and silver 2 hole ID tags, for whatever reason, and then on a later run, they used the typical Vendo ID tag.

So those of us with the 2 hole set up on the sides of our machines might infact have the very first X amount of 39's produced, then from a certain point on, they used the reg. ID tag.

Ed,

That sounds like a pretty reasonable assumption to me.  Does anyone know when they switched from the all red to the 2 tone?  Also if anyone has a red id tag and can decode the date, along with someone that has the black tag and can also decode the date.  That might tell us when the switch was made so we could both have a rough idea on the dates of our machines

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 08:30:14 pm »

Does anyone know when they switched from the all red to the 2 tone?

The 81A was all red and only produced in 1955, so they switched shortly after that.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 08:49:55 pm »

And the 39's were all red from 1949 to about 1956

Glen
kdimeg

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 09:34:19 pm »

There is a listing of Vendo serial numbers by model in the download area.  ...
Tim

I've seen references to the "download area" before, can someone explain where that is?  I thought that might be a secret area through the main Home page but I always get an error when I try to log in from there. I'd be interested in finding out how to decode the dates from the serial numbers, although mines pretty scratched up to clearly read it.

And for what it's worth, I have an early V-39 with the regular 4-hole tag on the side and I did NOT find the extra 2 holes above the compressor area either. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: