SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 10:52:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a compressor that runs but does not cool be fixed??  (Read 4368 times)
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:03 pm »

I am talking to a gentleman about buying his vendo 44 and he said that the compressor runs, but does not cool.  Is this a major problem or can it be fixed and what would be a guess-estimate on how much it would cost??  Is there anyone that restores machines close by Charlotte, NC???  Thanks for the help.

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:17:19 pm »

I'll leave the compressor part up to the experts here, but from my knowledge these units can be restored.

As for restoration options, I know a guy in Gastonia who does some work, his site isn't anything special: http://antiquesofthepast.com

His name is Ronnie, son's name is Jeff.  Might be worth a shot.  I can't comment on the quality of his resto work, he didn't have any machines done when I was there.

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:41:25 pm »

It could be something as simple as the fans for the evaporator and compressor needing to be replaced or a thermostat.  If the price is right, I would grab the machine as the compressor can be completely replace if all else fails.  In all likelihood it can be repaired.  Global Compressors an SMC site sponsor is another great option for this type of work.

drinking Tim drinking
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:08:23 pm »

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to make sure that if I did find the right vendo 44 that this was not a problem.. 

Matt

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:38 pm »

Matt....

anything can be fixed, but don't listen to some of these "knuckle heads" and think it can be fixed
for a "song" and a bag of peanuts. Some of these Guys, are delusional in pricing, wanting things
repaired, for next to nothing .

Refrigeration is expensive...period. Make sure you get a "great deal" if the machine isn't working,
and be ready to spend a few bucks... then it's a "wash"!

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:18:20 am »

Thanks Eric, sounds like I will just wait until I can find one that works to start with since this will be my first machine.

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 09:28:39 pm »

Most of these machines are bullet proof . Most of the time it's just a bad t-stat. If you go look at just plug the compressor lead into a extention cord and feel if the coils are getting cold .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: