SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 01:21:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Additional topic areas  (Read 13712 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »

Something like FATW wouldn't have it's own section. It could just be a recurring thread somewhere.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:32 pm »

Sounds like things will remain the same...
Since we're in discussions, any suggestions for thinning/removing some forums due to lack of use...?

My six cents,

Jim

Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:26 pm »

I'm with Pat!  No changes necessary! hopefull

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Pat Pixley
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 08:13:50 pm »

Honestly Jim  I think it is fine the way it is .
The only thing i would change is the the size of the pictures that is a bit of a pain.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 08:59:49 pm »

Jim,
I vote the semi-no change; afterall, it is SODA-MACHINES.COM!
"Other Coin-Ops" should be sufficient for everyone's use. I like the FATW also, but I think it could just be a monthly topic in General Chit Chat. I did think that possibly you could re-work the forums a bit.
1. Move "Estimated Values" into 'Soda Machines, Coolers & Dispensers'.
2. Move "Tips & Tutorials" into 'Restorations'.
3. Eliminate altogether or move "Who's Bidding" into the Members Area - really not necessary anymore. Soda Jerk Privacy is not in the 'Vending Rack' forum anyway - right? If someone want particular info on an eBay or CL listing and does not care if everyone can see it, then they can post it in the "Auction Items" area
These just seem the logical, but no change is OK by my too. What is that old saying? "Don't fix it if it ain't broke!"

The only thing i would change is the the size of the pictures that is a bit of a pain.

Pat,
I recently started changing the setting on my camera instead of altering the pictures I want to post on SMC and it is a lot less work. My camera is an older Sony Cyber-shot camera and has settings for 10M, 3:2, 8M, 5M, 3M, 2M, VGA (Email) or 16:9 (HDTV). So I now take my 10M picture, press a few buttons and take another picture in VGA (Email). When I transfer my pics from camera to computer, the first file is my nice crisp 10M pic and the second one I want to post SMC at 60kb+/-. It takes a bit to get used to, but it works great!
Just while posting this, I snapped a pic of my mouse and loaded it on.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:21:14 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 09:49:17 pm »

“BOTW” or “FATW” would go under General Chit-Chat... sorry for not clearing that up.. oldgas.com has this idea.
every week someone starts the BOTW ... it's kinda fun to see what everyone finds in their area... especially when
one feels like there's nothing else out there to find.... it kind of pumps you up to keep searching...
Same with the FATW just places people see and find in their travels... restaurants, old gas stations, etc. where this
stuff is displayed.

When I find something (hopefully soon) I'd start a BOTW.. Or someone start it now... or we could do a
“Buys of The Month” nice little show and tell thread.

Yes I think this site is just right...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 07:01:05 am »

“BOTW” or “FATW” would go under General Chit-Chat... sorry for not clearing that up.. oldgas.com has this idea.
every week someone starts the BOTW ... it's kinda fun to see what everyone finds in their area... especially when
one feels like there's nothing else out there to find.... it kind of pumps you up to keep searching...
Same with the FATW just places people see and find in their travels... restaurants, old gas stations, etc. where this
stuff is displayed.

When I find something (hopefully soon) I'd start a BOTW.. Or someone start it now... or we could do a
“Buys of The Month” nice little show and tell thread.

Yes I think this site is just right...

I agree and then just pin the thread to the top so it is easy to find for subsequent postings.

drinking Tim drinking
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 08:00:38 am »

Love this site keep up the good job.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72