SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 12:59:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Additional topic areas  (Read 13736 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: January 09, 2012, 07:25:41 pm »

Has anyone thought of putting some additional forum sections on here, maybe one for signs and one for candy/cigarette vendors?  I think both of those get bottled up under general or other coin-ops, but I think there's enough threads out that might warrant some new stuff.

What do you think, any other suggestions? 

ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:42:47 pm »

GREAT IDEA
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »

I'm always open for improvements!
Consideration is needed for not creating too many Discussion Areas making things "cluttered" or "confusing"...
Let me know what the consensus is and the New Forums can be added...

My six cents,

Jim

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:14:34 pm »

I agree Jim, too many can make the site hard to navigate.  I was just thinking that a lot of the knowledge on some areas gets lost, and there usually is very good info in the threads.

Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »

Sorry Against it, The Stoners and other coin-ops are fine under other coin-Ops and signs under general  don't change a thing.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:57:22 am »

I have to agree with Pat on this one.  Leave things be.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:05:00 am »

Those ideas/ items could be placed under “Other Coin-Ops” or “General Chit Chat”...

There are a couple sites (i.e. oldgas.com) where certain members set up weekly or monthly threads like “BOTW” (Buys of The Week)
so members can post share/showcase the new additions to their collection they found that week or month... I for one enjoy seeing
what others find.. items that relate to the soda world like signs, coolers, bottles or maybe soda fountain items.

Another thread that is cool is “FATW” (Found Along The Way) here members post pictures of maybe restaurants with
coolers/machines begin used as a display or maybe even a old machine still in use found in the wild.

This is something simple that can be done here and would promote more pictures of cool stuff! smile

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 04:48:28 pm »

Those ideas/ items could be placed under “Other Coin-Ops” or “General Chit Chat”...

There are a couple sites (i.e. oldgas.com) where certain members set up weekly or monthly threads like “BOTW” (Buys of The Week)
so members can post share/showcase the new additions to their collection they found that week or month... I for one enjoy seeing
what others find.. items that relate to the soda world like signs, coolers, bottles or maybe soda fountain items.

Another thread that is cool is “FATW” (Found Along The Way) here members post pictures of maybe restaurants with
coolers/machines begin used as a display or maybe even a old machine still in use found in the wild.

This is something simple that can be done here and would promote more pictures of cool stuff! smile

I like the FATW threads too. Some of my favorites.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:09:54 pm »

I like FATW thread. I vote for it

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 05:43:53 pm »

It's fine the way it is.  I still believe it's still a Soda Machine site biggrin biggrin....although I would say 85% of my post are not soda related Oo, but "Other coin ops" and "General chit chat" is good enough for me.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: