SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 06:08:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dry streak  (Read 9900 times)
Zach
25 Cent Member

« on: January 07, 2012, 12:38:28 am »

Anybody else on a horrible dry streak like me? No machines, signs, nothing! I can't find anything up for sale with a reasonable price. Is it just me?
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:35:10 am »

I was talking to another board member reccently about this.  He had mentioned that during the winter months it tends to slow down. 

Just stay consistent, I had a really good week find 3 new local leads with lots of signs, etc.  Took me a year to find 4 local people that also collect.
p
  There is no local phonebooks for who collect soda machines, and sign, just time!p!
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:38:41 pm »

It always goes in cycles, One month more comes to you than you can handle, The next month nothing. Ive been doing this for a long time and it never fails. When your not looking for anything,out of the blue you will stumble into a great find.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
SSmoothie
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »

Same here, I have two people saying its in storage I don't know what it is, and I ask can we go and look at it and well I will let you know when I can get to it. Blah blah blah. And I have one of my renters that says his friend has a really nice Westy Master that he was a couple of hundred for and every time he calls he's not home. darn

Vendo 44
Firestone Refer (sold)
Westinghouse Master (sold)
Westinghouse Standard (sold)
Westinghouse Junior
Westinghouse Half Junior
2 Dole Super Dispensers
Coke Cooler
Some Signage
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 08:24:03 pm »

Been slow here too but a few days ago a lady called me and said she has had a Coke neon for 35 years. Said it was in her storage but she was moving and didn't want to risk breaking it, nor did her new place have room to display it.
       Of course I drove right over. It's not really what I expected but I couldn't leave it there  biggrin
       Guess this would be 70's? I've never seen one before.

Glen
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 08:32:13 pm »

Moondawg- i have that same neon sign....I picked mine up from work (they purchased it new) in the early 90's...mine might be a reproduction, but I love it...yours is the only other one I've seen.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:32:35 pm »

I have a guy I have been begging for weeks to take my money, once again he claims tomorrow is the day.  Hopefully I will have some cool pics to share tomorrow night.  Definitely a streaky hobby.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »

Moondawg- i have that same neon sign....I picked mine up from work (they purchased it new) in the early 90's...mine might be a reproduction, but I love it...yours is the only other one I've seen.

So this is from the 90"s? Hmmm I'm sure she said she had it from before then.
Also, I can't imagine any reason for anyone reproducing it. Thanks.

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »

Great sign!!
Creighton
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 01:04:28 am »

It's been a good 2 months or so since I picked up something locally that has been remotely interesting.  I picked up this sign on Monday from a local ad placed on Craigslist. The sign in in the book, it's in below average condition but the price was right and it will go nicely in the garage.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: