SMC Discussion Areas
May 29, 2024, 05:30:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any good Zinc Plating and/or Powder Coating Guys in the Chicagoland Area??  (Read 6246 times)
dodge2500

« on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:01 pm »

Any good Zinc Plating and/or Powder Coating Guys in the Chicagoland Area?? Got a lot of stuff and don't want to ship. Thanks guys and gals.
dodge2500

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:58:46 pm »

Also any good/reasonable chrome and nickle plate guys?
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:08:39 pm »

Courtesy Chrome
735 N. Addison, Villa Park,IL. 630-832-1862   - Victor.  i send my jukebox parts  for chrome and nickle work.

I'd find a local hot rod shop and ask them who they go to ofr poweder coating and/or zinc. They should  give you  the names  of quality  people. 

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
dodge2500

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »

thanks, is he reasonable with his prices? I was talking to this one guy who was living on another planet. It gets old looking for people....ugh.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:00:21 pm »

I found him fair, good work and  recommended by others.

Chrome plating is generally a big hit to the wallet.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
ken5083

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:27:34 pm »

Reliable Plating in Chicago at Lake and Ashland. Ask for Coult. He charges lot prices so you're best off plating a bunch of parts, not just one. He doesn't do zinc but they do Cadmium, Nickel, Chrome, Black Chrome, etc.

He chrome plated my coin return plunger and cadmium plated a bunch of other parts.

Anyone know where I can get the shoulder rivets needed to re-assemble some of these parts after you take them apart for plating?
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 07:26:09 am »

Ken,

If you are talking about the shoulder rivets for the Bottle Gate Arms in the vending stack, the short answer is no. I've looked high and low for direct replacement that are correct form, fit and function and have come up dry. At this point it's looking like a custom job. If you are talking about the Stoner Jr. shoulder rivets from the other discussion, I would say that it's more than likely a custom job as well.

As far as other platers in Illinois goes, I use Quality Plating in Sterling, IL. They do all varieties of plating as well as zinc. The prices are really good and so far the workmanship has been fantastic.

As an example, I sent them an old "Seeburg" pot metal casting from a teardrop speaker to have re-plated. During the polishing process, the script emblem broke in the two weakest places. The owner, Gary, apologized profusely and said he would make it right. He has a buddy of his that owns/operates a small foundry and has done so for years. He sent the emblem over to him and had him cast some "new" emblems. Gary then chrome plated them and sent me one as compensation. Honestly, I wasn't happy that my original bit the dust but was totally satisfied with the reproduction and Gary's customer service.

I've attached a few pictures (before & after) of some chrome work and zinc plating that they have done for me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:38:54 am by BrianB » Logged

Brian
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 07:32:19 am »

The total cost for pretty much everything on the machine that needed to either Zinc Plated, clear or yellow cost me $220 including S&H. A couple more pictures.

Brian
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:34:03 pm »

Hey Brian,

SodaJerkWorks has added the bottlegate step rivets to their catalog. I looked for a solution for these forever as well.

http://sodajerkworks.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=963&category_id=70&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 07:13:28 am »

Awesome!! I was hoping that somebody would jump on it eventually. That's a huge help!

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: