SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 01:05:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone ever seen a Vendo 35 cooler?  (Read 8401 times)
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« on: December 13, 2011, 05:41:24 pm »

I think I've found one but can't seem to find any additional information on it. This site only lists a photo and says that it has only been seen in a brochure. It runs but may be missing some of the internal "drum/rack"parts. Is this going to be one that is impossible to find parts for? Should I buy it anyhow because they are rare? The seller doesn't want much for it. Hope you can help!  Thanks!
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »

Ideal makes a model 35 slider/cooler with a rack inside, but I've never heard of a Vendo 35. 

If you can get the Ideal 35 cheap, go get it.  They definitely hold their value above $500 if they are complete with rack, coin mech and cap catcher.

Jacobs makes a model 35 also (looks like a mailbox).  Those are collectable too, but only vend 1 bottle type.  The Jacobs 35 has a drum that spins the bottles around on the inside (kind of like a ferris wheel).

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 06:00:44 pm »

http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=556&Itemid=14

Check out the link above... It looks exactly like the photo shown...  No coin mech with it though.
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 06:23:20 pm »

If you see it and the tag says Vendo 35, then buy it if you like it.  It does also resemble the Vendo 23/Junior spin top.

How much is the seller asking?

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:34:01 pm »

Also keep in mind that a seldom seen machine may be considered "rare" ( as in "rarely seen") but it doesn't necessarily make it desirable from a collectable point of view, but if you like it, then go for it.

Also keep in mind that finding replacement or missing parts can be difficult for a "rare" machine by that very fact.

The vendo 35 is really a Westinghouse style chest cooler with a vending top attached to the top.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 06:36:32 pm »

I am corrected- it does have the coin mech and drum... Seller thinks it may be missing some parts that sit under the drum to help it rotate... arg. Hate to buy a "rare" boat anchor.

He only wants a couple hundred bucks for it so it's probably worth taking a chance on.
It does look a lot like the Jr but much rounder corners and body. It also has the coin mech on the back left corner
like the Jr. See photo

BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 06:39:46 pm »

Which Westinghouse Cooler is it similar to? Like the WD-5?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:42:44 pm by BEAYOUNG » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 07:04:05 pm »

The drum does not rotate. It's a round plate on the lid that rotates a little bit every time a coin is deposited. It's probably complete but a nightmare to paint because of all the letters. Refrigeration may be quite a challenge too.
      I wouldn't take it for free, but if you like it..................like Johnnie says.

Glen
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »

Hey! That's not fair! If it's rare, it should be valuable too!  darn

I guess i'll take a peak at it and see what I think. I don't own any spin tops- they never really appealed to me.
Something about this one is kinda cool. I love the old mechanical mechanisms in these machines. Oh course, that
love could turn to obsenity quicky if parts are missing and not availale.

B.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 07:48:38 pm »

It is not a 35 if the brochure Jim refers to is correct. The "ICE COLD" embossing is on the front of the 35 and the side of this machine. It also looks too wide in the front for the V-35, which has the same cabinet as a WE-3 or WD-5. I think it is a V-59 your looking at!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: