SMC Discussion Areas
September 28, 2024, 12:21:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here you go!!!!  (Read 2654 times)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« on: December 08, 2011, 04:59:55 pm »

Anybody up for a laugh? I was talking to a guy today and he said, hey I have a coffee machine, but won't sell for less than $6k, here is a site that has one.........

http://www.ricksrestorations.com/items-for-sale2.php?page=1&category_id=10009&item_id=82

Should have known!

Brian  happydrinkers
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:53 pm »

Lol,
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »

Here is one good thing I'll say about Rick, on his website his prices are listed for restoration work. 4800 to restore a Vendo 81 for example, 4500 for a slider...
General public see this show and think we'll this must be what it costs to get this done cause it's on TV...

I am not sure about others, but I guess I have been undercharging for all these years...  I have raised my prices over the last few months and guess what .. people are NOT Flinching or even trying to haggle as they have seen these prices posted.. and think they are getting a deal.. cause I am not even close to those prices (yet)

Thanks Rick!

you all laugh at the comment "Restored they are worth 6,000-7,000"... we'll guess what guys, that has been the going rate lately out of my shop and I am booked up till next fall... so I guess the show has done some good for the restoration side of things...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 06:34:01 pm »

Sure, for the guys who restore, it's great and I am happy for all you guys!!!   drinking For the guys who don't restore and just buy to have as a hobby, it's terrible. The good deals for the most part are gone. People think a rough, beat up machine is worth $$$$$$. I guess it helps some and hurts others. Oh well.

Brian  happydrinkers
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:10 pm »

I am not sure about others, but I guess I have been undercharging for all these years...  

you all laugh at the comment "Restored they are worth 6,000-7,000"... we'll guess what guys, that has been the going rate lately out of my shop and I am booked up till next fall... so I guess the show has done some good for the restoration side of things...

I'll have to remember that just incase a side job comes up. biggrin

A lot of stuff.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 09:31:29 pm »

The good deals for the most part are gone

Well, this isn't entirely true as my uncle just purchased/picked up a decent Stoner Theater for less than $200 ! ! !
I will be posting details as soon as I receive some photos sometime tomorrow...

Brian,
Still want to purchase a couple of the coin mechs you set aside for me...
I'm not sure if you received my message about them...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:33:00 pm by Jim » Logged

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:25:38 pm »

But on the other hand, the seller is NOT going to get those rediculous prices for unrestored units in the long run. it may delay the buying process until they realize that, but the deals are still out there to be had... when I run into one of those, It's worth 6k restored, so my beat up 81 is worth 4k, I kindly leave them with my fair offer,,, and so far.. after a few days or weeks in some cases.. they still call and realize they are not getting their initial offering..

There was a guy on my local craiglists over the last month with an original 81b for 10,000!!! it's a nice machine but not 10k nice.. he's down to 1800 with me now.. but my offer was 1500 as that is what I've been buying them for... I'm guessing by next week I'll be in my shop...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: