SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:15:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 33-3D  (Read 3036 times)
davin72
10 Cent Member

« on: October 20, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »

So I just picked up a VMC 33-3D for what I feel was a good price at a local auction. Its an older restore and is in great shape. My question is....has anyone got anything but 8oz bottles to vend in one of these. i.e. water bottles. From what ive read I could remove the back shroud and it will vend 12oz beer bottles. Im also wonder if I did that would it be able to vend the newer / skinner plactic bottles they make now. Just wanted to see if anyone here has tried different things.

Im new here and Im a acade game collector but have always wanted an old coke machine and finally was able to get one. I hope this doesnt become as bad as my arcade collecting.  Wink
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:09:46 pm »

Welcome to SMC....you'll just have to tests various bottles. Not much to adjust on the 33 other than the angle of the chute. If it fits in the drum, then it should vend - you'll need to account for the thickness of the bottle separator. Never actually taken the baffle out for longnecks, but I have no doubts that it works.
Again, welcome!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:55:26 pm »

Ive tried some water bottles and they seemed to fit and the door closed just fine. What helped is now alot of the bottle makers are using the smaller caps which takes just enough off the length.The water bottles seem to bend around the seperator just need to make sure it wont puncture them. If your wondering why I havent tried more its because I was doing it all by hand cause I really need to change the power cord. I think this may just be alot of trial and error unless someone comes up with a suggestion here.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:31:19 pm »

If the bottles are bending, they may be too tight to drop but if it is working for you manually..........that's what really counts.
      The power cord won't change a thing, it is only for the cooling system, the entire vending mechanism is all mechanical.

Glen
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 07:02:51 am »

I was looking though some old threads here and came accross a picture of  33-3d and the drum inside was nice and shiny and clean looking. Mine is still the dull aluminum look. Is it hard to get it to look like that. Is there maybe a polishing wheel or something that will do that. I really liked the way it looked.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:51:15 am »

There are different cleaners that can make that shine to a point depending on the material. Is that drum aluminum?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 09:57:39 am »

There are different cleaners that can make that shine to a point depending on the material. Is that drum aluminum?

They are made of a ( low-grade) cast aluminum alloy, it will polish up nicely if your so inclined, but beware, they can also be somewhat "pithy" that is to say, porous & the casting has been known to break if "tweaked" on to much, never try to bent it either, it will snap of a chunk...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 10:16:37 am »

Actually the drum is in great shape. You can still ready the manufactures name on it (SMS Berkeley). Its just a little dirty and grimey from sitting for so long. Its also like the casting for this drum was never finished off very well. Some of the edges are very rough and kinda have a little lip to them. What im talking about is if you hold your fingers up in a "V" shape like an arm on the drum, its real rough on the outside part of the "V". That can be easily cleaned up and smoothed out with a dremel tool. Other than that there are no cracks or anything like that, that would make it weak.

I did find a nice polishing kit made by Eastwood that looks like it would do a great job. There are videos on youtube from Eastwood showing the work it does. Plus if its not that good then Id only be out like $25 bucks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: