SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 01:56:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1960 westinghouse value  (Read 5307 times)
« on: April 02, 2002, 12:43:12 am »

I recently purchased a Westinghouse WC 78 MD Coke machine. This machine is in excellent unrestored condition. If my sources are correct, it spent it's entire life in one building. It runs like a top and gets ice cold in no time. It has minimal scratches (maybe five or so, the longest no more than two inches) and four or five dings. (the largest no bigger than a dime) I found the same model at the following site.
  http://pages.tias.com/6108/PictPage/1438638.html#1438638  

The price they have on theirs is $3200.00/negotiable. I don't know a boatload about old Coke machines, but I do know that their price seems somewhat fantastic. I purchased my machine to do it's duty and serve me and my freinds cold Cokes, so if it's not worth $3200 I won't be heartbroken. Just curious, that's all. Thank-you,    
                       Flowbee
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2002, 02:51:53 pm »

I'll agree that the price they are asking is near ludicrous. I remember that model as a kid, I always liked the look of it. Especially later on because almost always when you found an older machine you found the price to go with it. I am somehow remembering that model as a can machine though, not bottles, maybe they made both? I considered buying one on ebay a little less than 2 years ago that was in Tiverton RI. It's price was in the $150-$300 range, condition was ok but nothing too wonderful. Given your described condition, inflation, and a little more desire for early square machines than there used to be I'd guess it's worth $500 - $700. Please keep in mind that this is a guess and possibly wrong. The true value is what you can get for it. Ebay is a good guide but you may wait a while for that machine to pass through, description quality is a large variable there as well.

Nate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: