SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 02:18:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendorlator VF-192  (Read 9747 times)
Robo02cop

« on: October 12, 2011, 08:11:10 am »

I picked up a Vendorlator VF-192 yesterday on ebay for a hundred bucks!!!  The guy I bought if from owned a marina and took the machine in on trade for some boat work.  He said when he got it he plugged it in and it worked but didn't get as cool as he wanted it too.  I know I am probably going to have to put some freon in the compressor, but my main problem is he wasn't sure where the key was.  He was going to look around for it but I don't really want to wait for him to remember and TRY and find it.  So my question is, I know it has a ACE II barrel lock in it but where do I look on it to see if there is a number so that I can try to find a key??  On the front of the barrel it says "ACE II RVG 301."  Also if it comes down to it, is there a how to on drilling out the lock.  I see a couple threads that talk about it but was wondering if anyone has pics showing how to do it.  Plan on doing some cleaning and what not to it tonight.  Would really like to get into it so I can see what the insides look like and start cleaning the inside.  Thanks in advance for the help and I will add pictures tonight when I get home!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:06:07 pm by Robo02cop » Logged
Robo02cop

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »

Nobody has any ideas about where to look for the key number???
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:59:41 pm »

On the front of the barrel it says "ACE II RVG 301."

I think you answered your own question.
RVG 301 is your key number

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Robo02cop

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:26:48 pm »

I have a new problem......I started drilling and the drill bit broke inside the barrel lock!!!! darn help  On top of that the drill bit walked on me even though I center punched before I started.  I think I am going to have to buy a brand new bit that is small and drill right where the key slot is?Huh?
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 06:23:23 am »

I haven't drilled out many ACE locks, when I drill out regular cabinet locks, I start with a 1/8" hole in the middle, then keep stepping up in small increments. Broken bit is going to add to the mess.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Robo02cop

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 08:36:51 am »

I haven't drilled out many ACE locks, when I drill out regular cabinet locks, I start with a 1/8" hole in the middle, then keep stepping up in small increments. Broken bit is going to add to the mess.

Figured I would buy a 1/8th and work it from there......either way I have a feeling there is going to be some more sweat and swearing involved!!!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »

I use a 1/2" gold/titanium bit with a 1/2" chuck in my high torque drill & blast the core out , I used to drill out the individual pins ACE style locks with a 1/16" titanium bit , tumblers, spring & all, but you have to go real slow & light on the pressure or you'd snap it off every time.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Robo02cop

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »

So I finally got a chance to drill on the lock some more, but I still can't get through the lock!!  I am at a loss for what to do now!!  Anyone have any other ideas???  Not sure what else to try, have broke two bits inside.  The second bit was a brand new cold fire treated bit and I was using oil and going slow.  Don't know what else to do?? censored
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:02:38 pm »

I used to drill out the individual pins ACE style locks with a 1/16" titanium bit , tumblers, spring & all, but you have to go real slow & light on the pressure or you'd snap it off every time.

Did you try this? Drill all 8 holes through and hog it out from there.

Glen
Robo02cop

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »

I haven't been able to get a bit to go all the way through yet??  The two that got in the farthest broke!!  Here is a picture of where I am at!!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: