SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 03:31:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flooding  (Read 8682 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« on: September 08, 2011, 11:14:56 pm »

Well, we had an earthquake not too long ago, then the hurricane. Now flooding. Today is a mess. I know it is doing more damage around here than either of the other two. I have a video of the street flooded, but I only have it on Facebook. I am trying to figure out how I can post it from there. I deleted it from the camera.  darn

Here are a couple of photos. Think my son's Little League game will be cancelled on Saturday?
This pressbox is about 5 or 6 feet off of the ground. The concession stand and two more fields are in the background.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:18:12 pm by halehouse » Logged

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:15:57 pm »

You can see the top of a dugout here and the backstop. Looks like the backstop is "out of whack".

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 11:17:20 pm »

This is a third, different field. This view is looking from above and behind the third base line across the field.

And yes, schools are closed tomorrow.

Glascock Standard
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 11:28:36 pm »

Wow Dan - looks pretty bad.
How is your house? Are you above the flood waters?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 11:33:36 pm »

Wow!  I hope you and your family are safe and doing ok.  You guys got flooding and we got the huge fires here in the Austin area, the biggest being the one at Bastrop.  I feel so badly for those people that have lost homes in all areas, here and there.  I believe they say 1600 homes have been destroyed in Bastrop from this fire.  Unbelieveable.  If we don't get some rain soon, I think we're all going to dry up and blow away.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:49:13 pm »

Incredible!  Hope you and the family are safe from the rising water.  We have had a lot of rain in Michigan this year but nothing like that.

drinking Tim drinking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 11:56:15 pm »

WOW!!  Dan you and your family be safe  oh.  and kntreyn you be safe also   oh.
 I sold my my orange crush to a gentleman that lives in the Austin area hope he and his family and the crush slider are doing well oh
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 06:29:30 am »

Wow Dan.. We have had tremendous flooding here as well, but luckily nothing real close to my house. A few towns away from me are under water and a few towns close to work are under water as well. In the past 2 weeks, I think our area has had almost 16" of rain. It was a weird sight to see the sun for a few hours yesterday.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 07:55:58 am »

Last I had heard we had had about 8" of rain yesterday. We were already saturated from the rest of this week and last weekend. Our house is dry. A few of my neighbors have flooded basements. Parts of the Beltway were closed last night due to flooding and I guess traffic was a mess. Luckily I only live 1.5 from work and got home before the deluge in the late afternoon. My wife went to the gym at the rec center and by the time she tried to come back the road was closed and she had to hold out at a friend's house. I guess people are trying to get to work and finding they can't find ways around. I work for the school system, so I'm home. I don't have any clean up, but I'll probably help the neighbors and with the ball fields when they need it.

The fires look awful. I can't believe how hot and dry it's been in TX.

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 10:16:48 am »

Water has receeded from the LL fields. The dugouts on the left are messed up. You can see an outfield fence and foul pole in the center of the picture that are partially down. Beyond that, if you know where to look, is a twisted, partially fallen backstop.

Glascock Standard
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: