SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 04:02:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke Clock - Value or Rarity Anyone???  (Read 3386 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: August 03, 2011, 08:36:37 pm »

High All,
   I have come across this clock and have never seen one like this before.  Can anyone tell me what it may be worth or perhaps its rarity?  I suppose those two somewhat go hand-in-hand though, don't they?  It's about 2 feet across.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:42:53 pm »

I have never seen one and I don't think its original. The only button clock I have seen is white. Also I cannot imagine coke making a sign that advertises another drink they do not own. Maybe someone owned a store and made it? Also with the black tabs holding the button onto the marquis does not look right. Just my two cents. It is however an original button before they drilled a hole in the middle for the clock. Also a good way to know if a clock it from the post 1980's or so is to see if it is battery operated. If it is you can be sure its not original.
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 08:48:00 pm »

I have not yet had the opportunity to get a close look at it.  The black tabs are actually little Coke bottles.  From what I could see, it appeared to be "original" in its age, but agree with you on the idea that mixing brands is not something Coke would have done if they didn't own it.  I'll keep hoping that maybe someone will be able to recognize it for something being original.  Apparently, the guy that had this worked for Coca Cola and had received a bunch of stuff directly from them when it came out.  So, I'd like to think this is original as it sits.  If I can find anything else out, I'll let you all know!!!

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:00:51 pm »

Coke never advertised another product.  and the clock  wouldn't be battery powered. Assuming the cord is tucked behond the sign.
I can't even vouch for it's age.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:15 pm »

I just spoke to the guy that has it and I'm going to go and take another look at it hopefully this weekend.  I'll see if I can take some pics of it to post for all to evaluate.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 10:03:42 pm »

Look for some Tags inside  when you go back smile  and get some pictures of it.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 08:19:00 am »

It's home made so to speak, not factory by any means for the same reasons as listed above, coke would not double advertise a product, and they did not make a button clock like this, only one was white.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 03:08:53 pm »

dont over pay for it if you buy it would make a great garage clock. smile
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 09:35:47 pm »

Thanks!  Although I didn't get to get a close look at it, I could tell that if it were made by someone that it was done many many years ago, like as far back as the 50's.  Again, I'll let you all know how it sells on the 14th!!

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: