SMC Discussion Areas
July 06, 2024, 09:19:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I watched TV.  (Read 9394 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:38:19 am »

I miss watching UK Top Gear in Singapore. Its a great show. It also made me better understand the different types of collectable cars in Asia that are similar to what is popular in the UK due to the Brittish influence in many Asian countries like Singapore. I had never seen some of the odd late 60's and early 70's fords that are so cherished, and the 60's and 70's Mercs that are the most popular restored cars you see in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. Almost all of the popular old cars (many are Fords) I saw over there are not in the USA but were made in the UK.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 11:08:50 am »

Josh, Check your cable companjy, BBC America airs  the UK version.

The special where the boys drive form California to in a  a Vette, a Caddy, a Challenger. a Mustang  and a Camaro  to run the cars for time at the Bonneville Salt Flats is  the absolute best thing I've seen on TV.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 01:17:52 pm »

Dave, I watch the UK. The US one isn't very good.
Creighton
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 01:40:00 pm »

Honestly we don't have cable. We don't have time to watch enough TV to warrant the cost. We have netflix on demand for the Wii. It has so much on for free on demand that we have not missed much. and with local TV being in High def that's enough.
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 03:00:29 pm »

Creighton,

I love my 'Texas Boys'....thanks for the post Brother!

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 06:26:45 pm »

My kids love The Andy Griffith Show, especially Ernest T. Bass.  I will admit I like to watch Swamp People and Holmes Inspection.  TV, movies, music are not what they used to be.  Overall (not to over-generalize), but the caliber of performers isn't there any more on the same basis as it was.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 06:40:17 pm »

"CHOOT" "CHOOT it LIZBETH"  "CHOOT"...hahahahaha

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Grey Wolf

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 12:25:03 pm »

"CHOOT" "CHOOT it LIZBETH"  "CHOOT"...hahahahaha

Haha!  He's the best character on that show.

I have to agree that the cadence of the characters on all those shows listed in the OP's post do sound the same.  My wife and I noticed it a few years ago with American Chopper and a couple of the other ones.  Some of the reality shows are OK, but most of them are crap, especially the ones on network TV.  Season 10 (or whatever they are on) of Survivor...who cares anymore.  All the dancing and singing shows have to go too.  There just isn't any imagination of the producers of network tv anymore.
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 09:01:50 am »

All of the reality shows are absolute crap!   I can't stand any of those shows; all scripted BS!!!! 

A buddy of mine was approached by the new show Bar Rescue.  They wanted him for one of the episodes, but he declined because he didn't want to come off like a jerk.  After seeing the first episode, he definitely made the right choice.  What a bunch of tools!

Love the video Creighton!  This is why I am embarassed when I speak with the relatives in Ireland; it is sad this is how we are percieved as Americans from TV.   

Television is a complete waste of time.  Every time I get sucked into a show, I feel guilty that I have lost another hour of my life.   

I am with Josh on cutting the cable.  I have been trying to convince the wife to cancel cable TV for years.  Anything we watch on a regular basis is on the network channels and can be picked-up with a HD antenna.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 10:11:15 am »

I'm sick of all the reality shows also. I used to watch Pawn Stars, Pickers and American Restoration but just can't switch the channel anymore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: