SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 04:16:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam engine  (Read 6235 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: July 12, 2011, 02:00:37 pm »

Got this little engine a few weeks ago at an antique store and so far it is pretty fun. I have run it on air from an air compressor and the thing runs great and I am currently working on getting a boiler set up to run it. Just need to find something to connect the engine to the steam line and some gloves and I will be able to run it on some steam. I also ordered a few mini machine shop tools online and I plan to set a few of them up and run them like in an old machine shop with the overhead belt system

rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:54:50 pm »

Cool,  Are you into steampunk?  Cool

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »

If you ever get the chance to go steam engine show  GO.  I Insure the local steam engine club  and there grounds . It is like week long and there
are tractors and steam engines all over. Cool
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 07:12:03 pm »

I've been to several steam engine shows. They are worth going to. You will see some very strange machines.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 09:47:06 pm »

Thats very cool.. my buddy has something similar and it has the boiler with it. Nothing more than a brass tank that you add some water to and put a candle under it..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »

Thanks! I actually have another engine on the way right now and I have the boiler set up for this engine almost done. Just got a few more things to set up. I hope to one day to design and build a remote controlled ocean liner that looks sort of like the titanic or any of the ocean liners from that era and drive that around. I think that would be really cool. When I get the engine all hooked up I will post some more pics of it.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 02:48:57 am »

Cool,  Are you into steampunk?  Cool

I have looked at some of the steampunk stuff and it is pretty neat. Might have to give it a try on some future projects.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 02:50:43 am »

If you ever get the chance to go steam engine show  GO.  I Insure the local steam engine club  and there grounds . It is like week long and there
are tractors and steam engines all over. Cool

You know I actually looked online and saw that there is one this weekend. Too bad I have other stuff going on because that sounds like it would be pretty awesome! I did save their website in my favorites though and like the page on facebook so I will be updated on future events and will be able to plan better for next year.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 05:57:17 pm »

Got my safety valve and another engine plus a mini drill press and powered hacksaw in the mail today. Just got to install the safety valve in the boiler and the old engine will be running.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 01:58:15 am »

Thought you guys would like to see what I built for the engine that I had. I got the plans out of an old Popular Mechanics do it your self encyclopedia and I think it turned out pretty good. I also have a video I took of it running but since I did just get this done at 10pm and I was real excited to run it you can't see much untill we decided to turn on the lights (around 4:22 in the video) but it worked great. I only wish that I had a water gauge on it so I could tell how much water I put in there since I accidently put too much in and the engine was shooting out water for the first few minutes of pressure. I will try to get you guys a video of it running during the day so you can see what is going on but I am really excited about how well it worked. Here is the link to the video I have of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDRw7ie8lsI

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: