SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 06:33:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S-47 SelVend 7 Up machine VERY Straight. NW IL  (Read 10706 times)
mtj57

« on: June 29, 2011, 12:50:52 pm »

I have for sale one Model No S-47 SelVend 7 Up machine. Serial number 1545. Cools very nice, 100% complete, inside is nearly as nice as the day it was built. Good door seal. Here are a couple picture links below. Outside doesn't have a ding or dent in it. This is the straightest body I have ever seen on an original soda machine. The "7-Up" on the front of the machine is embossed, not just a generic machine with decals.  Coin mechanism works great, original allen wrench still included. Only thing it needs is a key or new lock on outside, the key is missing on this one. This has always been one of my favorites if for no other reason the size, footprint is approximately 18" deep, just about 24" wide, and 5 ft 2" tall. I am located in extreme NW Illinois, 1/2 miles south of the Wisconsin state line, 8 1/2 miles from Dubuque, Iowa.  Would be happy to take several more good photo's. Am also willing to palletize and package for the price of the materials & of course be here when your trucker comes for it. You won't be disapopointed if you take the time to come look at this machine. Asking $650 Thank you....  
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp135/mtj54/7up1.jpg
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp135/mtj54/7up2.jpg
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:52:27 pm by mtj57 » Logged
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:30:56 pm »

Hey MT
Just saw your ad on EBAY, and posted here before I saw you had posted lol
Are any of the 7up logos on the machine embossed?
The spots all over the machine, are they rust spots that have eaten the paint?
Have you cleaned the machine from the outside the best you could have? Or is the machine able to be brought back to a solid white colour?
Thanks for any info!

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mtj57

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:45:28 pm »

You're quick Bonovox, I just listed that minutes ago! To answer....the 7up logo in front of the machine is embossed, the side logo's are just decals. I just caught that also and changed the listing to reflect that.

The spots you see on the machine...best way to explain them is to compare them to a rock chip on a car. So yes, they have gotten into the metal a bit, but honestly, nothing major at all. It is just such a nice straight machine, worth putting up with a few chips for. And the inside truly is very clean.

This is how I purchased the machine and I enjoy things with a little patina, so I never messed with it. Been around this stuff a long time though, I really don't think you'll bring it back any, or at least much better than it is. Couple small stains on top that may come out yet though. The chips on the machine have had me puzzled, I have absolutely no idea what caused them. Sitting close to a road perhaps?...but then you would expect rust from salt. The entire coin mechanism cover is great yet, doesn't show the chips like the front does.

A couple folks have tried to call, I have to apologize. Just getting over pneumonia, feel great now but lost my voice completely, so not able to answer the phone right now....keeping an eye on my emails though!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:43:16 pm by mtj57 » Logged
mtj57

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:53:25 pm »

7up Machine has been sold, Thank you.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 12:00:18 pm »

Looks like the book price is low on that machine.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 12:18:08 pm »

Looks like the book price is low on that machine.

Probably true.  I think the book was last updated in 1999 but it is still directionally accurate when looking at machine values.  Of course, the value is always determined by what someone is willing to give and what someone is willing to take.  As you can see, that University of Michigan Economics Degree has really stuck with me!  laugh Cool biggrin

For my next trick, 'the invisible hand' will get me a beer from the fridge! happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 03:05:11 pm »

I like these machines... Wish one would turn up this end of the world...
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 03:55:43 pm »

For my next trick, 'the invisible hand' will get me a beer from the fridge!

What?? You keep beer in the fridge?? You must be the only one on the site that does that!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 05:53:20 pm »

I used to keep beer in the Cav 64 until I discovered that the neighborhood kids were buying pops when the garage door was open.  oops  I can keep a better eye on the inventory when it is in the fridge but we do load the machine for parties.

drinking Tim drinking
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 09:32:32 pm »

I used to keep beer in the Cav 64 until I discovered that the neighborhood kids were buying pops when the garage door was open.  oops  I can keep a better eye on the inventory when it is in the fridge but we do load the machine for parties.

drinking Tim drinking

Yeah! a guy I sold a Vendo V132-4 (a 4-round selection button drop-chute machine) who actually got a ticket for stocking beer in his machine because it was accessible to the general public (minors) when it wasn't attended, so although it was not the intent to grant minors access to alcoholic beverages, he was ticketed for having an
" attractive nuisance " ( tempting the little delinquents just by putting it in plain view) so I installed a lockout key on the adult beverage selections (2 of the 4 offered beer & wine coolers)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:37:34 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: