SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 12:23:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V-63 cooling deck dilemma  (Read 3880 times)
TMC

« on: June 04, 2011, 02:07:02 pm »

Ok I have a dilemma here. I have 2 V-63's one I bought a couple of years ago that was working well and then one day it just stopped cooling. I decided the machine was ready to be cleaned up and painted anyways so I pulled it completely apart. I found a second machine in very bad shape however the price was right (free) so I grabbed it just for any parts I may use to fix-up my working one. This week I decided it was time to finish what I started and started prepping parts to be painted. I started looking at the cooling system to see what was wrong with it. I found that the starter was burned up so I got a 3 in 1. I got the wrong HP one by accident and rather then going thru all the hassle sending it back for the correct one I posted here and was advised to try it. I tried the starter and the compressor still did not start this got me thinking the compressor is locked up which makes sense due to the old starter being burned up. I decided for the heck of it I would try the older unit that is in VERY bad condition (fans rusted in pieces, wiring all broken and bare). Well it turns out this compressor fired right up with no issues (Crazy because it is so rusted and looks so bad). Well this leaves me to my problems. I am not looking to spend a ton of money but I still need cold beer. The way I look at it I have a few options and wanted some opinions.

Option #1
Buy a new compressor deck (way too much money) or find one for sale on here.

Option #2
Take the compressor off the older deck clean it up and place it on the better deck. The problem I have with this is I have no idea on how to cut lines re-hook them up and recharge.

Option #3
Send both units off to someone along with some money and have one restored unit sent back (anyone on here do this).

Option #4
Sell all the parts I have and try to start over.

I like the Option #3 the best so if anyone can take this on and make a few bucks let me know. Please give me your ideas on this.

Thanks John

Vendo-63
Rowe Legend Jukbox
Mame Machine
60-1 Cocktail
2 Offroad Thunders (linked)
Seawolf
Chicago Cubs Triple Play
Cirqus Voltaire
Family Guy
Revenge From Mars
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 02:17:49 pm »

Go with option #2......there is no reason to cut any freon lines.

Glen
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:31:24 pm »

Option 2A... take the entire compressor, evaporator and condenser unit and swap them. While it is out, replace the cooling fans. No need to open the system and they will swap without modification.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
TMC

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 04:13:56 pm »

Ok I like option 2A but the evaperator and condensor are done. The are so beat up is that really worth it? Is it to hard to change the compressor only? How do you cut the lines and recharge?

Vendo-63
Rowe Legend Jukbox
Mame Machine
60-1 Cocktail
2 Offroad Thunders (linked)
Seawolf
Chicago Cubs Triple Play
Cirqus Voltaire
Family Guy
Revenge From Mars
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 07:59:19 pm »

DO NOT CUT THE LINES....  Go with #2 with out cutting the lines  the evaporator and compressor swap over to the better compressor deck take the better fan motor  andbetter fan blade and swap them and so on and so so on .

And as you take those parts off take the time and sand them down and repaint . . smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: