SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 03:35:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EAGLE Gumball Vending Machine  (Read 10174 times)
billm75

« on: May 17, 2011, 02:28:00 pm »

I was hoping someone could help me figure out which lock I need for this machine.  I bought an older Eagle gumball vending machine and have been working on it.  It's in great shape now, all new paint, new glass, and I'll be adding some graphics soon.  

It came with a lock, but it can't be the right one, as I can remove it with a screwdriver.  The lid, where the lock goes, has a hole with 4 tabs/slots around it, like it's looking for a two-piece lock somehow.  The one that came with it is perfectly cylindrical, and when I insert it with the key, I can't remove the key.  

Anyhow, here's a picture of the lid if that helps at all.  Thanks for your input!
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:31:21 pm »

These guys should be able to help. I've used them. Great to work with.

http://www.crowriver.com/coinop/

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
billm75

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 02:42:22 pm »

Thanks!  I shot them an email to see if they could help me out.

Now to drill the lock on my Oak machine so I can replace that one.  LOL  Had the key, the kids lost it on me.  Joy of joys.
johnnyselman
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:05:20 pm »

Your lock should be round but with the key removed the tumblers should come out and catch in one of the notches on the top. Sounds like someone took out the tumblers. Or they are just stuck in the retracted position. look at the side of your lock. Do you see any brass things.
 It should look like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/GUMBALL-MACHINE-LOCK-NW-CURTIS-EAGLE-V-LINE-A-A-OAK-SSF-/320688241327?pt=BI_Vending&hash=item4aaa823aaf
billm75

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:15 pm »

Yeah, the tumblers are there, but I can't get the key to release after I screw the lock into position.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  My Oak machine didn't behave like this, so I'm kinda lost.
johnnyselman
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:54:36 pm »

If you take the key out when the lock is out do the tumblers come out? When you tighten the lock you have to stop in a position where the tumblers line up with a notch before the key will come out. Or are the tumblers wider than the notches? To much paint in the notches maybe??
,JOhnny
billm75

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »

Let me put it this way.

I can screw the lock into place with a flat head screwdriver, and remove it just the same.  However, if I use the key, it pushes the tumbler pins out like it should, but once it's in tight, I cannot remove the key from the lock.  I think it's simply the wrong lock for the wrong machine.

I just want it to work properly, and looking at the lid, it seems to me that it needs a certain style of lock that fits into those rectangular depressions somehow, and allows the center to spin independent of the casing.  Of course, I'm not an expert by any means.  It just seems funny that I can remove the lock with a screwdriver, but cannot lock it with the key.
johnnyselman
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 06:36:49 am »

Yes ,I understand what you are saying!! I have one like yours  in my hand right how.below is a pic.
 The lock you need is one peice. The one you have is the right style but may or maynot be the correct one for your machine.I'm just trying to help you determine that.
 Obviously the tumblers are stuck in you lock. To see if it is the correct lock for you machine .
Take top off machine.
Take key out of lock .
 Push some tumblers out into out (locked) position .
 If it is the correct lock it should just fall into the top but the prutuding tumbers have to line up with the notches.

billm75

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 10:30:15 pm »

Thanks for the info, I have to give that a shot.  I appreciate it.  Hope you didn't think I was getting snippy with my last reply...I didn't mean for it to come off that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: