SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 04:18:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, everyone...New Member Here  (Read 5131 times)
ArcadeMemories

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 10:20:36 pm »

Welcome, Nice machine.... what arcade games do you have ? 

Ken, yes I agree Soda machines and arcades go great together!After working up a sweat playing Pacman, Space Invades, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Defender, Galaga etc.... What better way to cool down then with a nice icee cold soda from you very cool personal soda machine.... does life get any better.....

Yah, I love old arcade games.

I dont have an xbox or playstation or anything , not really into "gaming" like that.  But, theres just something about those old arcade games that I love, brings back so many great memories.

Right now I only have 2 restored machines, a Ms. Pacman/Galaga cocktail table and an upright Donkey Kong Jr.  I had a Frogger cocktail that i fixed up and gave to my nephew and I sold a Defender machine not too long ago.

I just picked up a "Carnival" machine by Gremlin/Sega this morning for $75, a craigslist find.  It needs a serious cleaning and the cabinet is chipped and worn pretty heavily around the edges and the monitor isnt powering up, you can hear the game playing you just cant see anything.  So its definitely a good project.

Heres some pics of the Carnival machine i just picked up
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 05:54:10 am »

Cool.. I'm doing my first ground up restore on a Burgertime right now... Cabinet was borderline scrap, but haven't seen another one in the few years I've been looking. I've replaced the front panel, 1/4 of one side and the bottom. I'm in the bondo/wood filler stage. Almost ready for a primer coat. Luckily the cabinet was plywood not particle board.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 08:08:21 pm »

Wow that's a good find for $75( gotta love Craigslist), you are already ahead of me with two classics Ms. Pacman/Galaga and Donkey Kong Jr.  Allot of the fun in collecting them is in the hunt and then the restoration.  My only current arcade machine is a 1996 Police Trainer. Always on the lookout for another. I would really like to get a 1976 Atari Night Driver, but they are hard to find.  

Ken,  Burgertime  is another on of the classics.  post some before and after pics.

Also he's a good site with some good how  to videos
http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine