SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 12:21:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Buys Spring 2011  (Read 6213 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« on: April 10, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »

Missed the Thursday night dinner, Rained all Friday morning and had to leave to get to an auction for
Saturday only to watch the things I was interested in go for crazy money.... BUT Thanks to my friend
Neil this was the BEST Chicago show I have attended thus far!!! Check out my new addition!!!!
Also picked up a WWII front seem helmet for my son and the WWII uniforms from the auction for them.

Thanks Neil!!!!!!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 05:12:42 pm »

pretty good score Eric. smile
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 05:22:30 pm »

Congrats. Haven't you been wanting one, oh for ever?? Smiley

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »

Congratulations Eric that is a great piece.  I am on the watch for a double dot wooden case for you.  You really need it now.

aspbear
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 06:07:41 pm »

Great scores!! Congrats.
Creighton
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 06:10:30 pm »

Like others have said, not much to report on. I was surprised how many people were there on Saturday. Usually when the weather is nice everyone seems to stay home.
I picked this up. After I had it on a few minutes it sounded like a freight train. I ordered a new mechanism for it today. Now it will be battery powered, plus it has a neat feature. It will adjust for the time change twice a year all by itself. The information is stored inside the mechanism, so it does not need to receive a radio signal! KlocKit.com

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 06:30:08 pm »

Eric,  Very Nice, I personal like Pepsi, That's pretty old from what I read in " http://www.pepsi.com/PepsiLegacy_Book.pdf "  they came out with that  marketing campaign during the depression around 1933 not 1993,  .. (Thanks  Signguy for your sharp eye  Oo) if I'm reading it correct.

Nice clock dr.galaga,  clocks like that are one thing that can be retro fitted easily.  Remember in BTTF when Marty said he'll have a Pepsi  Free and soda jerk said you're have to play for it just  like everyone else.?  Oo
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:05:37 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 06:55:01 pm »

Eric,  Very Nice, I personal like Pepsi, That's pretty old from what I read in " http://www.pepsi.com/PepsiLegacy_Book.pdf "  they came out with that  marketing campaign during the depression around 1993,  if I'm reading it correct.

Pretty sure the cooler Came out a little before 1993?  I'm sure typo, just had to be a smart a##

Great pickup Eric.. assuming it's an older restoration? or if that is original , wow!

I know my sign painter would love to get his hands on doing all that embossing for me.. he' be able to add on a wing in his shop with that bill!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 07:53:20 pm »

It's original... Doubt I'll restore it anytime soon... I may paint the base, lids and cap catcher...
no dents in the body or the chrome pieces. Have to get the 7up and Orange Squeeze done first...
Plus it would take a while to trace, scan and clean up the embossing... It's close to the top as favorite!

Again Thank You Neil! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 08:35:07 pm »

Eric,

Wow that is nice cooler. Tell us the story how Neil got it? Was it at the show or did buy it before and just pick it up? Oh thanks for taking the candy machine for me to the guy in Missouri.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: