SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:22:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help identifying a coke machine  (Read 9077 times)
meurek

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 05:56:51 pm »

Thank you everyone.  (sorry this is late, just been busy, and not with Coke machines)  Yea, I have another with the wood grain, and it is like a fungus, it does grow on you.  Heavy is a UNDERSTATEMENT!!!  I could have sold it for scrap at the yard for more than I paid for it, but I couldn't do that.  My goal is to get it working again the correct way.  You may see some other posts to follow as I dig into it.  My neighbor and I already dove into it and took it apart and cleaned the machine.  That was fun too!  Thanks again.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 06:27:57 pm »

hey bubba what arcade games do you have?

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 08:23:01 pm »

good for you! Its a great garage machine and yes they are addicting. I started by buying one for my college apartment to hold our beer and free up space in the fridge and now I have had over 150 machines of various ages and styles. I have had one of almost all of the more common and collectable styles. Enjoy your machine and feel free to post any of your questions or comments. This is not like a lot of other boards where you have to watch what you say so you don't get yelled at or made fun of for asking newby questions. We welcome new people to the hobby. After all we all started out somewhere. Good luck getting it working and enjoy!
meurek

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 09:05:49 pm »

Ok, here's a newbie question.  Where's the best place to get Coke machine manuals at little, or no, cost?  This machine, I'm so lost I don't even know how to load the cans.  Any help on that as well?  Thanks again, and yea, they are addicting, this is my third, but I will no where match your total.  (bowing to the more knowledgeable one) ;-)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 05:30:01 am »

hey bubba what arcade games do you have?

Right now, I have Pole Position II, Donkey Kong (with a DKII mod chip) Robotron, Time Pilot, Tempest (with a mod kit that changes the shapes), Burgertime, Super Baseball/Double Play, Qbert (coming home by the weekend) and a Megatouch Jade II bar top. I am putting together a 60-1 Multigame cabinet right now to trade for Qbert.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
JBVending

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 06:54:01 am »

Under the spiral assembly there should be a "L" shaped metal switch actuator for each selection. Push on each one to see if any gears are stripped out of a selection. You can push a can into lower selection of spiral to rear and front to load or just set cans on top and push the "L" shaped button to run cans into place.

JB
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 01:23:21 pm »

I don't know where to go but you will not find a manual for your actual machine but you may find a manual for a Choice Vend CV168 or another model similar to your machine. They are mostly the same on the inside. Good luck. I will keep an eye open too for the manual
meurek

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 04:32:20 pm »

OK, from pictures on this site I have it narrowed down to a CVB-141 or a CVC-168 machine.  Now I can get a manual for all CVB models, and one for all CVC models.  Of course I would rather only buy one manual, but I don't know which one.  Does anybody have an idea how I can tell what model I have?  Thanks.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »

I think they are for the most part the same machine besides capacity. I think the C at the end of cvc means choice vend "can" machine and the cvb is for "Bottles".
meurek

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 01:50:52 pm »

I think I have narrowed down my problem with the Choice Vend.  It's a switch for one selection down by the augers.  Does anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement?  I've tried electrical places with no such luck.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: