SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 01:25:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shake machine  (Read 2963 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:31 pm »

I bought this shake machine a few days ago. Works pretty good and is the same type that we use at work to make shakes and malts except it is a little older. I do need to clean up some of the parts since they are a little dirty and the top cover is slightly damaged and won't sit perfectly on the head but it does work and screws down so I think I will just leave it alone so that I don't end up accidently making it worse. The motor and area around the motor look to be spotless with maybe a very thin layer of dust inside and the motor runs great. Even sounds smoother than what I am used to and makes a great shake (we were really slow that night so we decided to make a test shake to see if it worked and it was awesome. Strawberry pie ice cream makes one of the best shakes I have ever had). Now all I need to find is an ice cream scale and a good ice cream scoop and I will be ready to go.

rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 09:16:03 pm »

Hey scalebowler nice machine, I'm a big fan of stainless, it always looks clean. Around me if I ask for malt sometimes I get some strange looks.. in the age of fast food, more people only know shakes and not good old fashion malts!

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »

For some reason I could never get that type of mixer to make a good shake, four years in an ice cream shop and my stand-by was always the blade type blender.  Bringing up the ice cream scale makes me remember my old boss, who used to challenge us to scoop a perfect 3.5oz cone.  A little secret called the 'hollow scoop', skim the top of the ice cream and it would look huge, but be empty inside.  He called me out one night in front of everyone and weighed out a cone, just to find out it was dead-on.

Good looking machine, can't beat anything made out of real metal with that early industrial look.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:32:38 am »

Thanks guys. I really like the machine and I think the only parts that are plastic on the whole thing is the switch knob and the top dark gray cover. Other than that the thing is all metal. I hope to get a lot of use out of it and I think that since it will be used at home it will last even longer than it was ment to since it won't get anywhere near the use or abuse that it would get in a commercial setting. Think I did pretty good for 60 dollars. Would not mind getting one of the scoops we have either. They are made of aluminum and have a liquid filled handle that conducts the heat from your hand and makes it easier to scoop the ice cream. It sounded kind of far fetched but today I did notice it working. Saw that a distributor that sells them is only two blocks from work so I might walk over there and buy one.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:46:32 am »

Most Restaurant Supply shops carry the scoops. You may also want to check Kohl's, Bed & & beyond. Sam's Club o Costo may even have them 

Ray - Big Boys used to have malts, Well, they did when I worked there. If not, there is a ice cream shop called Nifty Fifites on 10 Mile east of Dequindere I want to try out.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:50:20 pm »

Hey Jim,

Thanks I'll have to check it out.. I got one at Steaks & Shake but it just didn't taste right  Oo

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 02:15:26 pm »

If you guys are ever in Nebraska let me know and I will make you a pretty good shake or malt. They are a little expensive but I think they are pretty good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: