SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 11:36:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to buy new Vendo 63 Marquee?  (Read 3431 times)
rcat8872

« on: March 31, 2011, 03:56:32 pm »

Hey guys, got a couple of 70's model Vendo V63's lying around and looking for the best place to get a marquee light up sign.  Both signs I have are the red background with the white Coca Cola script and boy do they look tired!  Not sure if I want to replace them with the same type, or look for a "style star" sign, or get the 1960's style with the white background and red Coca Cola script.  Seen a few on ebay and also saw the white background ones at funtronics.  The one's I saw at funtronics don't seem to have the "Enjoy that refreshing new feeling" in green down at the bottom.  Is a local sign shop gonna wanna shy away from doing something like this for me?
Rodney

1943 Victor C-18 rolltop
Vendorlator VF-56
Vendo V63
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:56:39 pm »

It depends on which sign shop you go to. I have had best luck at mom and pop sign shops compared to the bigger stores. The only problem is they do not light up 100$ when made of vinyl. yes they have light up vinyl but its just not as good as silk screened. Original style star signs in good condition usually sell high. I have used the funtronics signs several times and they have always been my favorite. Yes the V63 sign just says drink Coca Cola. What does your machine look like? is it red and white or is it woodgrain? I have seen many early V63's with newer signs in them as coke changed the signs in the 70's. If they are early 60's machines then the all white Drink Coca Cola signs may be correct. I have also found that the old style "drink Coca Cola" signs make the machine sell better than the red "enjoy Coca Cola" Signs.
rcat8872

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:26:08 pm »

Tks for the info!  Unfortunately they're woodgrain...I'm looking to buy an earlier model red and white one within in next few weeks.  Am I to understand that if I have a local sign shop make one for me that it will be vinyl as opposed to silk screened?

1943 Victor C-18 rolltop
Vendorlator VF-56
Vendo V63
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 06:54:05 pm »

oh yes you will never find someone to make a silk screen for one sign. Ad signs on the front of stores are also vinyl so it shines though but its just not as good as silk screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: