SMC Discussion Areas
June 21, 2024, 03:03:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EAST VS WEST COAST  (Read 8751 times)
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »

I scored an VMC 81 7up for $350 that had a coke paint job and the guy listed it as "Coke Machine." It was there for several days before I came across it. If it was listed as a 7up VMC 81 it would have been gone. I know I can't be the only one cruising the craigslist's in my area for machines, but I apparently am the only one in my area that looks at every listing for a machine regardless of the title. Lesson learned, look at everything regardless if you think by the title its not what you were looking for. There are deals out there but there not typically gonna be in plain sight, if they are they will be snagged, if not they will be hidden and you got to spend the time to find them. Sure it took me over a year to find this deal but all my time I put into trying to find a deal paid off. It can be very monotonous searching for machines by looking at each one, but thats how you can find a deal.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 06:01:43 pm »

Yah, but it was still a roundtop 81. I'm surprised it was listed for a couple of days.

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 07:32:44 am »

It can be very monotonous searching for machines by looking at each one, but thats how you can find a deal.

I could not have said it better myself.  I have made all of my best scores using that very approach!  happydrinkers  I sure wish that Craigslook.com was still around.  down

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »

Hey MOTOMAN

I had the same situation happen to me, only thing is it happened about 2 years ago, (WAY before I even knew of a board like this) and there was a machine listed on craigs, a vendo 81 with pics and all, except that it was in Kansas, a bit too far for me, and it had a Coca Cola sign attached at the top.
So I knew it could only be a generic 81, a 7up Pepsi or even a RC (although I doubt it because the Coke sign was too small of a sign to cover up all the embossed a RC has.  My guess was that it was a Pepsi or Generic... BUT STILL....!  I was in contact with him, asking for pics etc... and someone beat me to it! (I was even beggin the wife to let me drive to go get it lol)

Someone else spotted that, and swooped in... waiting for my neighbor to put one up!.. the speed at some people snaggin these machines in uncanny! LOL

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 02:56:21 pm »

Sorry... but another example;

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/2279789326.html

3,595 OBO! This would NOT last more than 1 DAY in my neck of the woods at that price.... LET ALONE BEST OFFER!

Sigh... Think prices like this would be at the Chicago Juke show? (I think I'm allowed to go Shocked) from my wife

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 05:09:09 pm »

I could not have said it better myself.  I have made all of my best scores using that very approach!  happydrinkers  I sure wish that Craigslook.com was still around.  down

Tim have you tried searchtempest.com?  I liked craigslook better but it works.  I also found a site call AuctionZip.com and you can search live auctions from auction houses nationwide as well as see listings for local autions and estate, buisness auctions.   

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 05:38:54 pm »

You definitely got to be quick when you see one, when I saw mine I was out the door on my way to get it, if I waited to think about getting it it would have been gone. There's been several machines in my area that were listed way too much, but believe it or not cash talks. You offer cash and an offer to get it asap, and you'd be surprised how many people will take a low ball offer just because its fast cash.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:41:23 pm by motoman14 » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 07:28:27 pm »

Per the 81 in Portland. Have friends there and can offer limited help.
Creighton
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 02:32:29 pm »

Creighton;

Thanks for the offer... just goes to show how great this board is!
But I only put that up as an example... not that I would not love to own that machine, yet I dont want to buy a machine that I never had/get the chance to look at before handing over the $$$

Again, thanks though

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: