SMC Discussion Areas
June 21, 2024, 02:59:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EAST VS WEST COAST  (Read 8750 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: March 22, 2011, 05:26:38 pm »

Anyone notice that the prices for roundtop machines are WAY cheaper overall on the WEST COAST where machines for sale on the EAST COAST are as much as 2x or more?

Wondering if anyone has any insight as to why?
Smiley

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »

The population on the east coast is much higher, thus more collectors.

That being said, I am on the west coast and don't notice prices any better  Oo

Glen
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:55:05 pm »

I can see the population thing ( I guess ) with more collectors and all.... but what made me post this thread was this ad on craigslist for a Vendo 110 coke, original condition (looks great) for 750.00

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/clt/2279713080.html

That machine here on th east would be asking DOUBLE no doubt, and in that condition, he/she would get it!

Not mad about it lol.... just wondering is all.
I think maybe more machines on the west coast? With the climate there compared to out east, maybe more machines survived? I dunno... thats just my observation.... Smiley

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:52:44 pm »

"Holds most size beer bottles. Haven't tried coke bottles."

I like this guy  biggrin  biggrin    biggrin

Glen
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 12:17:05 pm »

I'd have to agree with your observation. There's machines dirt cheap in the midwest, but when I search eastern craigslists' everything is way more expensive. Reasonably priced machines will sit for days or weeks before selling if they sell at all in the midwest. But east coast stuff gets snagged alot faster, just more collectors on the east coast I'd say.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 02:14:04 pm »

That's very interesting. In four years I intend doing a huge road trip across the US.. I'll save all my money for goodies in the mid west and west coast and aviod top dollar stuff on the east coast..
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 02:15:53 pm »

I don't know, I've seen deals on the East Coast too.. there was a Vendo 81D on the east coast for 1100 on Craiglist the other day, I contacted them yesterday and it was gone last night already, he had sold it.

If something is overpriced , it will sit longer and we as consumers see it longer... there a lot of postings I see for V81s all over the country and I assume if they where listed for one day or so, and the listing is gone when you click on it, it was priced cheap or at least a good deal and someone else was able to snag it before me.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 02:37:13 pm »

hey signguy

yeah, I see your point there... although I've noticed it also happening on Ebay... where buy it now prices on the west coast are more times than not LOWER than what auction end prices sell for here on the east.

Still waiting for my widowed lady posting an ad on craigslist for a "used yellow rc soda pop fridge for $200.00 oob" that turns out to be a RC 81 Smiley

Out

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 02:40:00 pm »

hey signguy

yeah, I see your point there... although I've noticed it also happening on Ebay... where buy it now prices on the west coast are more times than not LOWER than what auction end prices sell for here on the east.

Still waiting for my widowed lady posting an ad on craigslist for a "used yellow rc soda pop fridge for $200.00 oob" that turns out to be a RC 81 Smiley

Out

WERE ALL WAITING ON THAT ONE!!!.. and It's happened to a member here 1Frescofan I think.. it's a great story... not sure how to search for that one, but someone should find it and post the link... he told the story soo well too.. drug it on for days and had us all on the edge of our seats!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 02:44:37 pm »

That happened to me about 10 years ago, but the price was $500 FIRM!

Glen
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: