SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 10:20:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: projector  (Read 25770 times)
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 09:14:55 pm »

Jim thanks I'll look it up, last year we when to the US23 and the Pontiac Silver Dome drive-in. both have their charm. What I like most about the Pontiac Silver Dome one besides it being close  there are no bugs, because of all the blacktop.

Ken those Optima are nice projects , what model to you got?  I was looking at the Home Theater Series HD66. I current have a BenQ 500, good picture  but not the brightest  but it works in the basement. What else I like about it I got over 4,000 hours on the first bulb and replace are are $220.

Alex, thanks for the website , for $34.00 for the whole setup with light is a great deal, I'm going to order at least on and maybe some other stuff
as well.

Tkaz, that not a bad deal for $58.00 (I might get one) on the amp, for 2x 40w RMS output,  if that was a cheap amp it would be listed as 120PP (4ox1.414x2= (RMS x 1.414) x 2=PP.) hook that up to some of those Sony speaker for $49.00 are you are ready .  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:01:01 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:34 pm »

I've got an older one.. H31. I had a power issue under warranty, but otherwise been pretty happy. I have it shooting at a 70" screen in the basement. The whole system has been in for about 5 years.. I don't remember how many hours were on the bulb, but it was under $300.. not horrible.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 10:20:55 am »

I'm using an Optoma HD65, and its been great.  I run it as my daily projector with a 82" screen on a painted white wall (not special paint, just regular white), and its bright enough to run all day, even in a sunny room.  Of course it looks much better at night!  We also use it for the outdoor screen, which is 120", and that is also great.  The fan is quiet enough to run as a regular TV without noticing.

rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 09:33:08 pm »

Ken & Tkaz,  really looking forward for outdoor movie season,  I think I might try picking up a used one for outside. My projector is mounted to the ceiling and can be a pain to R&R .  

Scalebowler,  since I know you want to open a drive-in one day you might want to check out this web-site. It's one you may have already seen but it's enough to check it out again.

http://www.driveinworkshop.com/index.htm

1954 Stoner Senior
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1996 Police Trainer
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2011, 01:51:04 am »

One and a half steps closer to getting the "drive-in" done. Got a stereo with a cd player, tuner, and amplifier all in one. Also may have someone who can make me a speaker stand or two. Just have to build the screen tower now and I will be good to go.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2011, 10:14:47 pm »

Hopefully the weather will cooperate, we had 2 nice days last week  of 70's~80's and now we got rain  and 40's~50's for next week...Not good "Drive-In" weather  laugh

Good luck with building your screen make sure to takes some pics! Please post photos!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:16:21 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1996 Police Trainer
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 12:13:40 am »

Hopefully the weather will cooperate, we had 2 nice days last week  of 70's~80's and now we got rain  and 40's~50's for next week...Not good "Drive-In" weather  laugh

Good luck with building your screen make sure to takes some pics! Please post photos!

Oh I will be sure to take lots of pics of the set up. It should be really fun. I don't think screen construction will be started untill maybe a week or two since I get done with classes for the summer in a week maybe.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2012, 11:41:50 pm »

Made some great progress on that home drive-in that I have been talking about building for the past year. I got the screen support built and tested and it works great. Just have to put one piece of wood on the front and paint it and it will be done. Then after that I have to move onto the stand for the projector. Going to base it off of a modern digital cinema projector stand and also mix in a little bit of the older cast iron 35mm projector stand design into it and then to keep with the modern look I am going to paint it using the same colors as the the projector and put the projector model number and brand on the sides. Should look pretty professional once I get it done. Then after that all I have to do is make the speaker poles (just decided that I want to just get a welder and do it myself and it gives me an excuse to buy a welder) and I am good to go! Movies outside might actually be a reality this year! Then once all this is done and I am "closed for the season" I can concentrate on making my intermission cartoons and theater intro.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2012, 11:48:06 pm »

Oh yeah Please post photos!

Here are some pics of the "screen tower" Found a stand that the company who made my screen had so I just copied it from the pictures and built my own. I was having some problems with it not wanting to come out despite the fact that the screen for floor mount and the one for ceiling mounting were pretty much the same thing so I just took the end off the screen and removed the pawl from the little ratcheting mechanism and it works great. Still have the pawl but it is put on backwards so it really does not do anything but I can easily change it if I ever want to. Still plan to put a piece of wood at the bottom and paint the stand "sea foam green" to match the bottom of the screens at all the drive-ins I have been to and then it will be complete. There is a pole at the back that a S hook hooks onto and holds the screen up by the little pull down hook I just did not have the pole bracket built yet when I took these pics so thats why there is nothing there yet. Now to figure out where to get that color of spray paint (despite homedepot having a ton of rustoleum spray paint they did not have that particual color) Off to the regular hardware stores!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:50:11 pm by scalebowler » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 05:37:24 pm »

Painted the stand. I was trying to go for that blue color that they always painted the back of the screens and fence below the screen with but I don't really like it too much. What I need is a 1X6 or 1X12 connected to the front of the support to hide the screen housing and have that painted the blue color that way it would look more like a fence.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: