SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:40:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coin mechanism help/ Jacobs 26  (Read 2626 times)
bronco_ed

« on: January 17, 2011, 11:41:56 am »

Newbie here, and... first post on the forum.

Seen a Jacobs 26 on craigslist which got my attention. Owner said It only needed a coin mechamism. Fortunatley, I did a little searching on the web and found that parts are really difficult to acquire for this machine. Also more investigating determined that it needed more that the mechanism. After looking it over in person although difficult I decided to pass.

However, it appears that I got the bug...

Now wanting a machine, I searched and found another. This was complete and said to be working,I picked it up for which I believe is a fair/good price at $425.

Brought is home looked it over a bit more, and plugged it in. The fan slowly got up to speed and I'll wait a while to see if it gets cold.

Coin drops straight through, after looking the mechinsm over I can lift a small rod which allows the main lever to move counterclockwise and I see that the drum will turn. Mechanically it appears that the action to disperse a bottle of soda is working. It appears that some trouble shooting is in order for the coin mechnism to accept the coin to engage the mechanical action.

Purchased and downloaded the jacobs 26 manual for help.

Any trouble shooting suggestions or known items that typically are needed to get this coin mechism in working order?

I want to make sure the machine is working before I pull it apart for cleaning painting, part replacement,etc... There are a few cosmetic items missing however from what I seen this can be purchased readily.

I will be able prep and put a nice slick red paint job on this and my hope is to get this machine back in a sharp looking working condition.

Could use advice and help on getting the coin mechanism working properly.

Thanks,

Ed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: