SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 01:24:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9300S coinco coin mechanism question  (Read 11919 times)
aa777
5 Cent Member

« on: January 10, 2011, 01:58:00 pm »

i just got a 9300S to replace my old unit, i set it to work off a dime, i insert a quarter and i get correct change.  problem im having is if i use a dime or a nickel, they go straight to the coin return cup and dont count.  i can hit the quarter button when the door is open and it spits me out a quarter, but when i hit the dime or nickel button nothing happens.   do i have a switch set wrong somehow? i loaded up the tubes with about 10-15 coins each to work off of.  is some sensor dirty somewhere?  any help would be appreciated!   thanks

Ideal M-80 Dr Pepper machine
aa777
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 06:42:27 pm »

i did the 'learn' mode twice, but im still getting my nickels and dimes going into the coin return cup and not counting. the manual said run 16 coins thru the mechanism, i ran 16 coins total of nickels, dimes and quarters, but still the dimes and nickels drop into the return.  i have all the switches off except the .10 cent switch.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:03:56 pm »

Try removing the slug rejector and cleaning all the coin paths.

Glen
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:20:47 pm »

Try removing the slug rejector and cleaning all the coin paths.

Although this 'mech has an electronic "flight-deck" ( it uses an electronic detection circuit similar to a metal detector to determine the validity of the "coins" by metallic resonance ) it also may have a series of small photo detectors that would be used to determine which "coin" ( based on diameter) is rolling down the coin-path
(sometimes also called the coin-rail or "flight-path of the coins")  if it does,  ( have a set of photo-detectors) then cleaning the coin-path would help.  there are three sets of these mini metal detection coils built into the fixed base & movable portion of the flight-deck , & the photo-sensors appear as small holes about the size of a hypodermic needle would make if pieced into the plastic, the receivers are on the fixed side of the flight-deck, & the infrared LEDS are in the movable portion operated by the coin-reject/return lever

Also make sure the "de-bounce" rail is intact & not cracked or chipped (this is an thin arc-shaped piece of ceramic or aluminum used to take the "bounce" out of the dropped/received coins after the enter the "slug-rejection" portion of an electronic type coinmech, so the "coins" can be accurately measured by the detection circuitry.   if it's damaged, then some coins will fly by the detection coils too fast & be judged to be "slugs"

NEVER disconnect the flight-deck from the coinmechs main body with the power ON, as you will scramble its tuning. & if you swap one flight deck for another, you must re-tune/calibrate it.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
aa777
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:14:52 am »

i took it apart, a chunk of glue fell out, and looking behind the circuit board, the sensor was loose and out from its spot.  i couldnt figure out how to get the front cover off to expose the coin track to clean anything in there, from looking at the sides it looks like the cover should slide down then be released but i couldnt get it to slide down.  anyways, i was able to carefully get the sensor back in place and used some RTV around the edges to hold it back where it was before so hopefully it will work.  i'll let the RTV set up overnight.   i'll cross my fingers!

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 10:22:42 am »

the coin-path is located just under the hinged portion of the slug-rejector/coin sensing, you dont have to disassemble anything to clean it, just flip it up out of the way & wipe the little rail down with some Windex on a soft-terry cloth or micro-fiber cloth

Yes, sounds like you found a loose sensor coil, RTV ( silicone) works,  I've found that hot-glue works great to reattach the sensors & it sets up in under 2 minutes.

The "glue" you found is a chunk of the original hot-glue used at the factory during assembly, it tends to brittle over the years & any shock or bump ( dropping the mech) will crack it, this will dislodge the sensor coil from the back of the flight-deck, hope that fixes it for you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:27:11 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
aa777
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:16 am »

i carefully reattached the sensor, but now the unit seems to not be happy.  i have a red power light at the top, but all coins fall straight thru to the coin return cup, and if i push the individual buttons to dispense coins, nothing happens.  sounds like the guy is coming thru with a new unit if i pay shipping.   ugh!  i just want this all to work!

aa777
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:49 pm »

question: with a bad acceptor, would that cause the main unit not to dispense coins when the red/white/blue buttons are pushed?  im getting a red light on the board for power, so that's good, but would the acceptor cause the rest not to work?  he's sending a new acceptor, but yesterday before i got the sensor back in place that had been knocked loose, atleast it would accept a quarter and make change, and the buttons would dispense when pushed.  im just hoping i dont have a problem with the logic board now all the sudden.

vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 07:38:29 pm »

It is very common for the red, white and blue payout switches to be fussy and or stop functioning on the 9300 series. The switches the buttons push on get dirty - most of the time if you work the buttons back and forth while pressing them you will get them to start paying out. To answer your other question since the red light is on behind the acceptor the coin mech is enabled and it should be taking coins also the payouts should be working. I do not think you have anything else wrong with the unit other than dirty payout switches. Even with the manual payout switches not working the unit will still payout change after a vend.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:41:06 pm by vend_dr » Logged
aa777
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »

the red/white/blue buttons worked yesterday, well, the quarter one worked well, the other two would too but not as responsive, before i worked at glueing the loose sensor back in place. today none of the 3 buttons work which made me think something happened to the logic board or something.  im assuming at cleaning the track, there's nothing but a plastic wall im cleaning?  i dont see the sensors directly but i know they are behind the plastic piece where the coins roll along.  i see the white ceramic piece, all look in good shape. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: