SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:48:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok,Time to share,, what did Santa Bring ya??  (Read 5443 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: December 27, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »

If youve been a good boy or girl, Santa must have brought you something?
I got a few power tools for the shop, and some other household Gadgets.. Guess he couldn't fit the RC 81 in my stocking?... hmmm

What did you get?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 06:18:50 pm »

Not a whole lot...notably a metal detector so I can scour the back yard for nails and fun at the CA beach with the kids in the summer. Also a cool National Geographic Coffee Table book called "Drives Of A Lifetime - 500 Of The World's Most Spectacular Trips". We spent more on the kids this year than each of us!
I have been picking up toy shrapnel for 2 days now.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:21:35 pm »

I got my Vendo 80 that I picked up at Thanksgiving, Slot machine, and a cool Coca-Cola straw holder.

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:30:28 pm »

Christmas was good.  Only soda related item I got was a RE-POP Ice cold Coca-Cola sold here sign from the girlfriend.  So that will look good in the garage...  Got some large metric sockets so I can work on my dirt bike and go wreck it some more...

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:15:16 pm »

I got an angle grinder and a really neat book on drive-ins. Now I can remove the paint from my gas pump and do some other stuff. I just need to figure out what wheels I need to get for it.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 09:46:42 pm »

got some shirts for work  then some shirts for working in the shop  An IR Thermometer A roller seat and some shop lights and Coca Cola ornament's  and stocking stuffers.
I was also happy that my daughter made it home from Chicago  for Christmas , She was going to do AMTraK but they sold out really quick  then she heard from one of her friend that was comeing home  who's parents live  Brighton  she made the call  and was lucky  because the car was filling up quick  . smile  
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:57:38 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 07:59:24 am »

I was surprised on Christmas morning to find a 3-peice Craftsman toolbox set sitting out in the garage!! I was definitely in need of a good toolbox set-up and for some reason couldn't justify $4000 for a Snap-On roll around, go figure! Needless to say I was super-stoked and I spent the better part of Christmas night swapping & organizing my new boxes! And to add to it all, she told me that she had ordered another 4-drawer section that is due in hopefully sometime this week!  biggrin

The little kids, 12, 2 1/2 & 1, got me a box of "retro" sodas and a box of retro candy. I used the candy to fill the display windows in my Stoner Jr.  biggrin

According to my wife, I'm difficult to shop for......Buying for a collector is hard unless you yourself collect or know somebody close to the family that does. So, I have never really given her a hard time about that.

She's been watching American Pickers with me and Pawn Stars and is gaining some knowledge..... laugh

Brian
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 08:13:35 am »

We also put the Christmas $$ towards the kids.  However, the my daughter (6) gave me a key ring to put one of the machine keys on, and my son (eight) gave me a small LED flashlight that is really bright.  Unfortunately, the wife and I had to shell out $1700 for a new furnace just the week before Christmas.  OUCH!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:44:21 am by 90grad » Logged

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 08:47:06 am »

My wife and I usually don exchange gifts, but this year we did... Mostly, we devote gifts to the kids and relatives/friends.
I bought a pair of Polk Audio home speakers and the wife has a new Kitchen Aid Professional Series mixer. The upgrade is great for grinding up my venison ! ! !

I was hoping to get my Stoner delivered for the holidays but the seller asked to ship after the first of the new year...

My six cents,

Jim

ss540
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:36 am »

Select O Vend candy/gum machine in need of resto.  Key was missing and someone tried to pry it open.  Spent lots of time with hammer & dolly to straighten. Ordered decal set & lock from Roger @ Crow River Trading.  Will post pics when it's done.

Down in Texas
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: