SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 03:42:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FInishing projects before I move. USS 64, Glassco and Vendo 39  (Read 5056 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: December 21, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

Well I am finishing up all of my current projects before I move. I have never had to pull off anything like this before. I finished three machines in about 4 weeks. The V39 had been a work in progress for several months. It was done right. It was stripped down 100% and done inside and out. It looks fantastic. The lettering was done by hand and the paint was done by a local custom car painter and was done in House of Kolor base clear.

The USS-64 and Glassco were done for the same customer. He wanted a budget refurbishment. They both look good but were not done like the V39. He wanted the Glassco as a reach in cooler and since we ar in Cincinnati he wanted it done in Bengals. He also didn't want to spring for the cost of a real cap catcher so I had this stashed away and put it on. The customer is happy so thats all that matters. I attached some pics. Overall these look really nice.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:33:58 am »

Wow tough crowd Smiley Both the USS64 and Vendo 39 still need decals on the sides which I am doing today. I also cant figure out the lock bar on this darn Vendo 39. I cant get it to work. Once I get the breaker strips in the 39 I will post pictures. It looks great inside. I hammer pained everything and polished the drum. I painted the two inner wheels and polished the outside by hand with blue magic. That stuff really works. I got a simple hand polish to look like a mirror.
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:05:08 am »

Looks great, Josh!  That Bengals cooler is a great idea.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »

Thanks. They were fun projects. The galssco looks good for a stripped cooler. The USS-64 looks great too. The V39 is picked up tomorrow and it is almost done. It is the nicest I have ever done.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:42:06 pm »

Look Good Josh smile nice idea on the Glasco  .
would like to see the insides of these  always nice to see the complete thing inside  & out smile.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 09:08:18 pm »

The inside of the glasco is as is and so is the USS-64. The owner basically wanted a refurbishment and not a restoration. They were done very cheap. I a, still working on the vendo 39. but I will post pics of it. It looks good. The breaker strips go in tomorrow.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 09:12:38 am »

That drum face looks sweet!  Will that finish hold up over time or would you have to re-polish it?  I have a V-39 that needs restoring.

drinking Tim drinking

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 09:49:24 am »

I don't know if it will hold up. It does look good though. Blue magic is a miracle worker. I love it. I barely had to run a use any elbow greas. I think it will hold up for  while. Then it is easy to polish
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 10:46:23 am »

What is Blue Magic? Is it a car polish? I need to polish the stainless candy shute on my Stoner. There's just no way to buff it unless you have small buffs.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 05:16:22 pm »

Blue Magic is in my opinion the best metal polish on the market. It spreads easily and it polishes with little effort. I have had this tube for forever so I do not remember where to find it,
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: