SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 10:51:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinda cool  (Read 8564 times)
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« on: November 18, 2010, 04:43:13 pm »

Noticed this on ebay and kinda different. Can't recall seeing one brfore. Looks like a 55 or 35,(didn't really pay attention to measurements) and would look great I think done in Crush or something

Looks like a 35

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-COMISKEY-PARK-COCA-COLA-SODA-MACHINE-3-WHEELS-/190470102011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c58e71bfb
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:45:04 pm by Crazzy Canuck » Logged

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »

now that is different, very cool
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 09:59:33 pm »

I wonder what the reserve is!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:19:05 am »

Yep, that sure does look like a modified 35, pretty cool though!

Brian
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:28:32 am »

No side loading door and has the stainless steel lid with SS strip in front of it. Appears to be one of those reach-in 55 coolers but modified. They must have used a very long extension cord to keep it cold while they wheeled it around the park  biggrin

Glen
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 02:02:39 pm »

I asked the seller if he had any type of documentation to verify that it was purchased by and used at comiskey park.

hi you say it was ordered and used at comiskey park, do you have the original documentation, purchase order , bill of sale, or delivery sheet

This was his reply

" HI! i don.t have any! this was used, and its from the park 150% guaranteed!! a good friend om my sold it to me over 20 years ago, and he was the vending employee there!i have other items from there!thanks "
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 02:33:58 pm »

They did make some 55's later on with no side door but how did they keep it cold?
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 04:06:14 pm »

Ya...  I checked his other items to see if he was selling the cart to push the giant ice block around on behind it, but no such luck...  It maybe is all its advertised to be.....  Or it could have been some Frankenstien prototype, or something this guy got out of a storage unit auction and this is the story that he thought would sell it.  I could see if it was used like the beer stands are today at arenas where it was rolled to a place and set up for the game, but not from place to place, like the old fashion soda in the cup hawker...

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 08:09:00 pm »

Maybe it is ice cooled?? With the lines going inside the cooler maybe it is like a jockey box? That would make sense. It does not say if it is electric cooled?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 11:38:45 am »

Yep I sent him an email and it is Ice cooled. I also thought I saw blue paint inside the rounded tank holder so I asked and he said it is not and it has always been Coke. Our conversation is below. I think I hit a nerve with him. He used a lot of exclamation points  smile

I asked,
Is this electric cooled or ice cooled? It is made from an Ideal cooler but they are electric cooled. How would it go in the isles with being plugged in? Also it looks like blue paint in the tank holder and under the paint scratches? Is there blue showing through? If it is was this maybe Pepsi at one point and converted to coke?

His answer,
hi! i never said electric!! it has some plate for the ice to keep kool!this is original coca! and was never blue!

solzncomn

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: