SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:28:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY machine  (Read 6494 times)
Kimmer
« on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:51 am »

Hi everybody

I wanted a vendingmachine too but they are very hard to find in Scandinavia, so to make a long story short, I built my own machine....well kind of. Take a look. I bought an old ugly brown colored machine from the 80`s
restored it and added extra parts such as the round-top. I had a welder build it for me. The vents are regular vents mounted on brick-walls outside bathrooms. The coindoor is a stainless steel servingtray from an industrial kitchen.

The chrome-feet on the machines are from a industrial meat-cutting machine. The chrome trim between the white and green paint are from a Autoparts Shop and normally for cars but it worked fine here too.
The aluminium kick-plate at the bottom of the machine are an aluminium profile for doorways.

I am working on a new one half the size of the 7up-model. It is going to be a Coca-Cola machine in the end, i hope. The 7up i got for free, i was working in a bank at the time and they decided to change to a newer model and i could have it if i took it home with me that afternoon. Lucky. I saw the "Coca-Cola" machine in an add, selling it for about 500.- danish kroners, that would be 91.-US dollars. Picked it up the same day.

Kimmer
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:29:41 am by Kimmer » Logged
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 11:21:44 am »

Now Kimmer that is just too cool. That took alot of injinuity(sp) and looks great.

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »

jawdrop

Wow,  I love it.

And Welcome

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:07:47 pm »

that looks original, did you do the work yourself?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:29:00 pm »

That is just too cool!  happydrinkers

You just came up with a great idea for all these square top machines we have over here that just don't get the attention they deserve. I am going to use your idea to make caps for some of mine (if you don't mind).

And welcome to the group!

Glen
RetroMe
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:39:37 pm »

:Oo:WOW Oo

That doesn't even look like the same machine. One helluva job and something to be pround of. Absolutely Amazing!!!
Kimmer
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 01:15:51 pm »

Thanks, I wanted to keep the expences to a minimum, so i have been trying to find  products which is easy to change at a low cost. Nuts, bolts, vents, aluminium carpet profile from local hardware store. The stainless steel tray, which is converted to a coindoor is from the kitchen at a hotel and conference center nearby Copenhagen. I cut the edges off the tray and drilled holes for the hinges, bezel and buttons, it worked fine. The tricky part was the "round-top", i had an idea of how it should look like. I made a drawing and contacted the welder to see if it was possible at all.

I always wanted a soda-machine at home, i think the idea came from the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks, he had a Pepsi machine in his appartment..

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 01:32:50 pm by Kimmer » Logged
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 03:34:21 pm »

What a fantastic idea! You did a great job! Welcome to the site. I hope you stay around and join in on the discussions. Do you have a before picture of the Coke machine you are building? Do you do your own paint work? It looks fantastic! I bet you could make some good money selling those machines.
Kimmer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:59 pm »

Hi and thank you.

This is before-pictures of the Coca-Cola machine.

Kimmer
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »

Very creative.. I love it... nice job and welcome to the forum.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: