SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 01:20:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll Call for Chicago Show  (Read 54014 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2010, 02:27:48 pm »

Birleys,

Do you remember when the lot across the street was full??  I believe there was another small bldg across the street too.

I didn't buy anything either.  The only thing that I liked was a candy machine Seven181 had.  I was looking for a nice complete Dug......., whatever the name is.  I've been wanting one for about four years.  I remember Tom Fron Jersey once had one.  I actually don't need it or have the room, but it would have made a nice impulse buy.

The Lyons was cool, but I personally think they are ugly.  It's just a rectangle with a nice hat.  laugh  I was surprised to see that the top was metal because the last two or three that I saw were fiberglass tops, which look shiny but to much like plastic.  I like the metal top better.  BUT nothing is as sleek as the Mills 400 biggrin  Maybe Brians Soda Shoppe is as nice as the Mills too.

A lot of stuff.
Bireleys1

« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2010, 02:47:53 pm »

Birleys,

Do you remember when the lot across the street was full??  I believe there was another small bldg across the street too.

Yes I do, that was probably when the show was at its peak.(the good ol days)
That building is still there but the front got a face lift and it is now the Dupage expo center or something like that.
they used to have a school bus that would shuttle you back and forth from one side of the street to the other building.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:51:43 pm by Bireleys1 » Logged
RetroMe
5 Cent Member

« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2010, 03:05:10 pm »

It was nice to meet everyone at Thursday's dinner. I enjoyed talking shop and comparing stories. This was my first year at the show and let me just say WOW. Lots of great items and ideas for me to venture into. Next year, I hope to drive up and make some purchases.

Craig - RetroME
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2010, 03:26:23 pm »

More pics from Pat. Part 1
Creighton

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2010, 03:27:47 pm »

More pics from Pat. Part 2

"First pic. Is Rod from funtronics With some PEPSI stuff OMG(  he said black mail photo HA HA HA )  Second Pic. Rod and Janets
area , Matt carter & Harrison loading the truck up Brian (seven181 ) wait for more customers to buy some stuff,  John (Signguy)  area
before the sun came up making sales"
Creighton   

Pat Pixley
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2010, 06:27:46 pm »

OK got home now I'm at the office doing this thank you Creighton for uploading my pictures smile.The Stuff I bought not to exciting put I'm
happy two pair of drive in speakers and a bottle rack from John (Signguy)   then on my home stopped by a antique store and found this Chicago Rd street sign
Pat Pixley
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2010, 06:29:40 pm »

And a few more. Now I can go home  Cool
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:33:00 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2010, 10:16:23 pm »

Parking lot was packed this morning. I had to park in the gravel lot next to the driving range. I remember the other building across the road. That's where the cheap/reasonably priced stuff was.
I picked up a few items today. A small Snoopy bank for my daughter, a 1 cent Toy 'n Joy gunball machine for my cousin's kid, and a vintage Pac-Man garbage can for me!  tounge

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2010, 12:12:18 am »

Attended the show today, bought some needles for my Seeburg B and a couple records but not much else.  It was great meeting everyone Thursday night, many thanks to everyone for coordinating the event.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2010, 01:11:03 am »

Awesome drive-in speakers. If you need any parts you can actually still order almost any of the parts from the manufacturer. If you want I can send you their website and a link to the drive-in parts/price list
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: